Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I' really enjoying the EV experience at the moment and have been driving more than I normally would and visiting parts of this great country just because I want to get out and about. The Tesla has enough range that an overnight within 100 mile of home with no destination charging is doable but I'm thinking, what about a couple of nights in, say, Snowdonia, with all that elevation change and those lovely country roads to explore?

So, I checked out ZCW and many of the other sites and I see that the area has mainly 32A comando sockets or 3-pin 13A standard sockets; I can't use the former (not without very expensive adaptors) and the latter is a tad too slow. I contacts one place where ZCW stated a blue commando socket and I've just been told they installed a Type 2 32A 3 years ago! They did not have accomodation availability but recommended another location in Betws-y-Coed and all of the popular maps stated blue commando again. I've just heard from them and they've also replaced it with a Type 2!

My plea (I think) is for some way for owners of charging points and EVs to coordinate better and update the information found on these maps; certainly not to take them at face value. It certainly seems that Snowdonia is not the charging vacuum I had once thought (yay).

I wonder if there is any mileage in fund-raising to pay for someone to collate all the charging point location information and contact each site to ensure the information is as correct and clear as possible?

· Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd like to add that in one instance I have informed the B&B owner of the various maps and suggested he update them, in the other, ZapMap had the correct info. so I assume the owner had already updated at least that map. It was suggested, however, that ZCW only note those chargers they provided so if the owner adds another from somewhere else or replaces the ZCW charger, ZCW won't reflect this. Of course, I can understand why they may not want to but it means for those searching locations on ZCW we need to double-check on other maps or contact the location directly. Or not use ZCW but I'm loath to do that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.