Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have had my ampera for a year now and its been great i have just replaced the rear discs and pads for the mot but i have a problem with the fuel filler flap it does not lock anymore the pin seems ok it will move by hand but nothing happens as it should i have check fuses and the 12v battery which are ok i am thinking of disconnecting the 12v battery to see if it resets any help would be great

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
It's not unknown for that plastic pin to snap, causing expensive repair. So I always open the flap using the fob, never the door button. Press the flap in gently, then operate the fob button to withdraw the pin. Pressing the flap in takes any load off the pin, making it as easy as poss for it ti move. Once you hear the click, apply pressure at the very left edge of the flap, this opens it 100% every time, even if it's very sticky/snowed up etc.

Might be worth giving the pin device a squirt of WD40, can't do any harm, and might ease it a bit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes I was going to mention that too, as I thought the only way to open the FUEL fill door was via button on drivers side door?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts