Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Leaf lover
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of ours has i3 60 Ah with rex and every time the engine does a maintenance cycle this error shows up.
Doesn't stop him using the vehicle and he only became aware of the warning light when he got a MOT failure for it.
RAC chap easily switched the light off and seems to indicate not much to worry about but seeing as friend is not planning on keeping the car much longer he would like to resolve the issue.
Any thoughts please?

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
6,891 Posts
Probably usual advice for a petrol. Brim it with VPower and run it hard on the Rex for a while. When was the Rex unit last serviced?

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I agree with both. :rolleyes:

Code P2097 stands for post catalyst fuel trim system too rich bank 1.

An engine needs the correct amount of air and fuel to run properly. The air/fuel ratio is measured in the exhaust stream by the oxygen (O2) sensors. A ratio that has too much oxygen in it is said to be lean, whereas a ratio with too much fuel is said to be rich. Fuel trim is the adjustment the powertrain control module (PCM) makes to the mixture to maintain the desired air/fuel ratio.
An "Italian tune up" may well cure it, if not then replace the O2 sensor.

Problems like this are common in underused REx - I presume that your friend had the REx as a comfort blanket?

Point of order:
and run it hard on the Rex for a while
The REx unit runs at "full power" regardless of how the car is driven once it turns on. So just do it when there's some headroom left to charge, no need to drive like you've stolen it. :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts