Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
People that have paid outright for the e-niro just wondering whether you paid once you had a look at it once it was delivered to the dealer prior to collection later that week or whether you paid the final balance on collection, I ask as my dealer wants full payment once I've checked the car when it's just been delivered to the dealer which I find very strange as I've waited 11 months for the car and they've had my £1,000, normally I pay dealers on collection day what about you guys.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd not really want my car registered until the day I pick the car up as most dealers have done for me in the past, what happens when you pick the car up and there is damage as you've already paid for it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I paid a £2000 refundable deposit on ordering it, then a further £24,000 a few days before collection and finally the balance when I picked it up. This was mainly down to how the banks make it difficult to pay large sums of money out from my debit card, the dealer had been happy if I had been able to pay the whole balance on the day.
PS I realise this doesn't add up to £33,995 but part of it was the p/x on my old vehicle.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah okay thing is I dont really want car registered till the day I collect it as I'll inspect it once again for any issues, previous dealer registered it the day I picked the car up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just picked up my Worst Edition today. Paid 10% deposit (yeah, I know) Remaining balance of £21500 (with my p/x) paid in full on collection. Still would have paid the extra £1500 for a 4. At least they threw in mats and a boot liner. I kind of expected mats, but not a boot liner.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wasn't prepared to wait another 6 to 8 months. Got messed around salesman wise ,nobody seemed to have a clue what was going on. One salesman told me I was moving to the 4 spec, but the car just turned up in January without warning as a First Edition.

·
Registered
336 Posts
£500 deposit, paid balance by switch on collection.
I thought that the Switch brand disappeared when it merged with MasterCard in 2002. :oops:

John.

·
Registered
746 Posts
£500 deposit and then remainder (in 2 tranches) 2 days before collecting the car. I felt no need to inspect the car before payment as I trusted my dealer (and Kia) to put right anything I found afterwards. So far there has been nothing wrong with it at all - it is a great car!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts