Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find this in forum anywhere so apologies if this is a double post.

I was my understanding that my leaf didn't start doing full Regenerative breaking until the battery reached 85%. (Full double circles)
This morning on the the way to work I noticed I had full Regenerative breaking at 95%
Have I lost my mind? Has it always been 95%? Had there been an over the air update? Do I have a fault?
IMG_20170614_052745050.jpg

·
Registered
852 Posts
I think available regen depends on SOC and battery temp. I had 6 bars this afternoon and got full regen earlier than usual, at 95%. Often it's 92% (the commute is very predictable!)

·
Registered
279 Posts
As said above depends on battery temp, this time of year full regen becomes available much earlier eg 95% in winter it'll drop as low as 85%. It's to do with the batteries ability to 'take the charge' which it does easier in warmer temps.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,703 Posts
I think as well as battery temperature there's also an impact depending on how much of a hammering you've already given the battery - if you rapid charge from a low SOC to a high SOC you'll quite likely end up not getting maximum regent until the 80s

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think as well as battery temperature there's also an impact depending on how much of a hammering you've already given the battery - if you rapid charge from a low SOC to a high SOC you'll quite likely end up not getting maximum regent until the 80s
Please can you tell me which version of the Leaf you have - and which button to press - to go back to the '80's - that would be the best Leaf version EVER (IMHO) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Reactions: AndyK

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Please can you tell me which version of the Leaf you have - and which button to press - to go back to the '80's - that would be the best Leaf version EVER (IMHO) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:
You need to set the cruise control to 88MPH and make sure Mr Fusion has his seat belt on and that the flux capacitor is....fluxing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts