Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Yep. What on earth were Renault thinking when they signed off the purchase order for this promo clip?

It looks like something the losing team would have come up with as a task on 'The Apprentice'!

·
Administrator
11,788 Posts
I think someone had a good idea, the marketing team just ran with it, and nobody had the nerve to put their hand up and point out they don't really have the budget to pull it off, and it's not a great idea anyway. :(

I still like the look of the ZOE, thought it could have been great for EVs in general, not so far.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Renault are nuts I have people thinking at work I drive a golf cart. They are going to make things bad for all EV's if they keep doing things like this. I really like my Zoe but the only bad thing is it's made by Renault .

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I think someone had a good idea, the marketing team just ran with it, and nobody had the nerve to put their hand up and point out they don't really have the budget to pull it off, and it's not a great idea anyway. :(

I still like the look of the ZOE, thought it could have been great for EVs in general, not so far.
I don't think it was a budget thing neccesarily. Where it falls over for me is the lack of humour during the 'set up' scenes. It's played far too straight. It did have a serious look and feel to start with & they'd clearly gone to a lot of effort with storyboarding it all to look legit. Whoever did the CGI probably earned a pretty penny too - which is funny considering how bad it is.

And the Zoe is a lovely looking car.

Why couldn't they just have made an advert where the zoe drives past several petrol stations.... at each petrol station, the ICE car drivers are miserably stuffing banknotes into their fuel tanks?

In case an advertising agency is reading this thread & decide to nick my idea - you're all witnesses & I'll give you a cut of my fee :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts