Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
If the aim is to spread the ev word and inform The UK population of environmental and ev owner benefits, then locating the show to make access as difficult as possible for more than half of the country might just be seen by many as, at its kindest, a daft move, or perhaps at its most realistic, destructive and unthinking, n'est-ce pas?

The undated and non-committal promise of doing 'something' for those 'oop north' suggests that destructive and unthinking is probably the more accurate assessment.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If the aim is to spread the ev word and inform The UK population of environmental and ev owner benefits, then locating the show to make access as difficult as possible for more than half of the country might just be seen by many as, at its kindest, a daft move, or perhaps at its most realistic, destructive and unthinking, n'est-ce pas?

The undated and non-committal promise of doing 'something' for those 'oop north' suggests that destructive and unthinking is probably the more accurate assessment.
Hello @Michael ,

You may want to post this up on the Fully Charged Youtube channel, if you haven't already done so. I've found it's always best to communicate directly rather than bitching from the sidelines. :)

John.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Farnborough? Miles away. Silverstone was 6 miles up the road for me (still didn't go though, wouldn't learn anything and not ready to buy again until 2020). Had the show been at Silverstone again in 2020 would have been there. Might still go but only if every New BEV available to order and deliver in the UK by late 2020 is available to view, otherwise why bother? Easier to visit all the local showrooms. For free.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I watched the video on You Tube a few nights ago.
The size of the facility is fantastic, but it's location is more than a "Bit of a Stretch" for even the people who can afford the bigger battery pack EV's from where I live in the North !.
I drove there and back in ICE on the same day many many years ago to see the air show - Loooonnnnngggggg day.:sleep:
Knocking on the door of a 500 miles round trip if I remember correctly ?.
Got stuck in a traffic jam, but we did get the opportunity to see Concorde take off right over the motorway where we was stationary in traffic due to an accident.
Some serious planning required to get there and back in a shorter range EV !.
Turning up in an ICE to this type of "DO" does not feel right some how :ROFLMAO:.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm not even in the far North being in Warrington and I think they've dropped a clanger putting it so far south. It would be over 5 hours each way for me by car or by train.

I feel like somewhere like the NEC would've made far more sense but I'm sure they have good reasons for selecting Farnborough.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I'm not even in the far North being in Warrington and I think they've dropped a clanger putting it so far south. It would be over 5 hours each way for me by car or by train.

I feel like somewhere like the NEC would've made far more sense but I'm sure they have good reasons for selecting Farnborough.
I totally agree.
To old now to be taking on a 10 hour drive and walking around the show in the same day !.
I would love to go, but it's to far & expensive for my O.A.P. pension pocket.
The NEC would have suited me down to the ground !.
Never mind 😢.

·
Registered
204 Posts
To be fair, London has by far the worst pollution due to traffic, so it should be a priority. The gov recognises this too of course.

·
Registered
304 Posts
It is now simply a commercial money maker for the organisers, not for the fans.

Perhaps it is time for some competition to hold an EV show not a personality centric cash cow.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Farnborough? Miles away. Silverstone was 6 miles up the road for me (still didn't go though, wouldn't learn anything and not ready to buy again until 2020). Had the show been at Silverstone again in 2020 would have been there. Might still go but only if every New BEV available to order and deliver in the UK by late 2020 is available to view, otherwise why bother? Easier to visit all the local showrooms. For free.
Silverstone? Miles away. Silverstone is 4 miles up the road for me.
You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Fully Charged is more than just cars. At least there won't be ICE racing cars thundering by every few seconds.

I couldn't go this year as I was riding the North Coast 500 but I will be going next. I'll cycle there from home down the Basingstoke Canal.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Silverstone? Miles away. Silverstone is 4 miles up the road for me.
You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Fully Charged is more than just cars. At least there won't be ICE racing cars thundering by every few seconds.

I couldn't go this year as I was riding the North Coast 500 but I will be going next. I'll cycle there from home down the Basingstoke Canal.
Sorry I meant to say "Farnborough is 4 miles up the road for me"

·
Registered
510 Posts
1 - 20 of 62 Posts