Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Lettuce Leaf early to be sure of arriving on time.
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could @schooling put a leccy motor in that Land Rover before Brenda goes please?

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,881 Posts
Let's do the whole-life-CO2 calculation on that vehicle, then decide the most appropriate drivetrain:- ... 500 yards at 2mph ...

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,928 Posts
Let's do the whole-life-CO2 calculation on that vehicle, then decide the most appropriate drivetrain:- ... 500 yards at 2mph ...
What you don’t know is this car will now be available for weddings and Bar-mitzvahs.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,881 Posts
TBH, would have made more sense to fit no engine and get someone to push it.

Harry could have done the pushing, he seems to be good at that recently.

It's down-hill from Norman Gate to St G's. In fact, if you're wearing stiff dress shoes with flat soles and steel heels need to make sure you don't slip.

HRH could have got her chauffer to tow it back up to the top behind her limo, park it at Upper Ward for future use.

Just in jest. Long to reign over us, Ma'am.

RIP, sir.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
20,928 Posts
If it was single use, maybe he should have had two built, connected with a rope and pulley to form some sort of Victorian Funicular railway.

That would have been impressive engineering.

·
Super Moderator
11,779 Posts
Land Rover built that modified Defender 130 Pickup in 2003. It has been waiting for use since then.

Most likely it will sit until and unless another senior royal askes to be chucked in the back of a Land Rover for the final drive home.

I don't see the value in the expense of a BEV conversion.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,932 Posts
There was an identical backup. Just in case the first one had a mechanical.
Quite a result for JLR that the reserve wasn't needed..... ;)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
There was someone in here who made a Leaf hearse for a dignified silent despatch. Probably this image was his.
View attachment 143595
I thought we had a member called "ElectricHearse" (or something similar ?) but couldn't find thm on the present members' list.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Land Rover built that modified Defender 130 Pickup in 2003. It has been waiting for use since then.
I did something remarkably similar to my 1964 series IIA in the early 1980s !

But mine was to provide a large, lockable storage area with a platform above that I could carry my m/c. Maybe the DofE passed me on the motorway one day ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts