Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
SU-EV convert
Jaguar iPace 2020
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this text this morning from them:

"Further reductions on Vauxhall Ampera please call Lisa on 01142537600 to discuss further thanks"

Thought it might be of interest to some.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Seems like the same price as before, give or take a few hundred quid...

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I paid £22600 at Drive Vauxhall in Leicester :) Sorry ;-)

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
Yeah, £399 less than I was quoted when I bought mine. Still more than the Scottish Vauxhall in Inverness price of £20,995 though!! That one annoyed me as it was about 4 weeks after I got mine.

Derek

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Yep, if Inverness hadn't been so far away and I'd have been a few weeks later, I would have gone for that! Ah well, still delighted with it :)

Reactions: Derekosb

·
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,324 Posts
It is just one of those things that happens. If you just wait and wait for the price to drop all the available cars will be sold and you will have missed out.

I'm still delighted with mine. 4,400 miles and still only used £70 of petrol. Lifetime MPG stuck at 250+ but actually works out around 366 MPG.

Derek

Reactions: Dean Hamer

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I rang Drive Leicester first but no one rang me back for over 24 hrs. Pentagon had a lower listed price and had one I liked in stock...so collected 4 days later.

·
Super Moderator
6,340 Posts
15 months ago my ex-demo Volt with 10000 miles cost me almost as much as the current offers from Vauxhall:(

·
1,324 Posts
:( of course please sympathise with those that bought before these discounted cars were available.
There are currently 40 Ampera's on Autotrader with the cheapest in the country being a 12 plate with 52,000 miles for £16,500. Most are advertised at around £19k to £20k so I think rarity is helping. Not much comfort if you paid over £30k I suppose though....

15 months ago my ex-demo Volt with 10000 miles cost me almost as much as the current offers from Vauxhall:(
There are even fewer Volts on Autotrader, only 10 listed for the whole country.

Prices range from £17,500 to £23,000.

Derek

·
Registered
394 Posts
S'cuse my ignorance (and for going slightly off topic) but is there any difference between a Volt and an Ampera in the UK other than the badge?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
There are some software differences IIRC.

Don't forget that Chevrolet are pulling out of the UK so if buying a Volt here you may want to check what the servicing and warranty arrangements are going to be when they are gone.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
It looks different too doesn't it? Not as sporty looking.

·
1,324 Posts
A few differences, but mostly cosmetic.

Painted side skirts on the Ampera make a big difference, as does the nose and rear. The Ampera seems generally to be accepted as the better looking car (I am of course biased).

Derek

Reactions: hopbackguy and Andy

·
1,324 Posts
Lighter coloured dash panels in the Volt too.
You're right Ian, I forgot to mention that. Although from the photos I've seen I don't think they are all the white dash like this (but I may be wrong)

Derek

Reactions: hopbackguy

·
Registered
229 Posts
Some of the prices quoted by dealers on new Amperas include a partners discount like if you or family work for a company on Vauxhalls partner list, but I think it has to be registered in that persons name and you loose the lifetime warranty if you trans, it to your name as you are classed as the second owner...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts