Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new Passat estate hybrid and was trying to remove the fuse for the read windscreen wiper so I could fit a bike rack. For some unknown reason, I pulled out a fuse with a yellow sticker showing a fireman’s hat, but I have no idea where it should go to put it back and the manual isnt helping. I’m fairly certain it was in a horizontal slot. Does anyone know what number it should go in or what it’s for? Any help would be much appreciated! Many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone who can help, I now think it is the Drive And high voltage system fuse that the emergency services would pull out in case of emergency but I’m still none the wiser as to where it should go. The diagram on the attached doesn’t match my fuse box as there’s a fuse already in the position shown on their picture

·
Registered
163 Posts
In view of information below in Owner's manual, it might be advisable to consult dealership before re-inserting in case a sequence has to be followed in this eventuality:
  • Never remove the specially tagged high-voltage fuses from the fuse box in the dash panel. These are for the exclusive use of the emergency services so that the vehicle can be de-energised as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Photo of the fuse in place is in this thread:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts