Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully, I'll be picking up my i3 in the next few weeks. I've always been a fan of EVs, and had an Ampera company car for a month or so. I've also driven a Leaf, Zoe, Imiev and Fluence over the last couple of years. MK seems like a good place for EV ownership, although parking rules seem a bit odd. Cheers.

·
Banned
558 Posts
Welcome - there will be lots of Speak-EV contributors eager to hear your (candid) experiences - and most live in MK.
I'm sure you will want to confer some distance and you will be glad to know that 2 CCS chargers have been identified: one on the Isle of Islay and one in Luton (Chargemaster HQ)!
If you get some banter on here - don't worry - its very normal!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
And there are to new rapid charger in Milton Keynes with CCS but there offline for now, at cineworld in the bottom of there car park and one just across from Iceland

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much. I was in MK today, and saw 4 EVs parked all within about 500m of each other! 3 Leafs (white, blue and black) and an Ampera.

I have speced rapid DC charging, so it would be good to see some CCS chargers appearing. I didn't know we had some in MK already.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My i3 arrived a couple of weeks ago, I'm very impressed so far. I've been watching the Chargemaster discussion with interest. I may use the type 2 chargers occasionally in the future but in my opinion the rapids are overpriced. So I can't see myself ever using one even though I make frequent trips into mk and I've specced the DC option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts