Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I am aware that most of you drive 'grown up' EVs, but would anyone know of anyone that might have G-Wiz software available to share? My batteries are playing up and so I'm after softwares called Battery Wizard and/or EMS Analyzer for the Reva/G-wiz to see if i can revive them somehow before forking out £1500 for a new set.

Grateful for any help. R.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Gary, I'm not sure whether I can upload the exe file here. Please share your email or you can send a test mail to me (ashwinhere at gmail) and I'll reply with attachment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just wondered how you got on after finding your post, as I could do with some advice too.

I've been using the EMS Analyser software, BMS Monitor & Battery Wizard software that a kind guy on YouTube sent me.

When we bought our Gwiz a year ago (we bought it quite reasonably), it had no history, and the commercial seller could not guarantee the state of the batteries. We only use it for short distances, school runs etc, so its been great for a year, and gave us between 20-30 miles range.

During this time I've kept the batteries topped up, but after a year we're starting to have some issues.

So I'm now trying to decipher the exact age of the batteries from the log files from the car. The car has now done 18,666 miles to date. I'm guessing this means it must have had a few sets of batteries in its time. My question is this - does anyone know if the number of "cycles" (e.g. recharges) is reset upon a new set of batteries being installed, and also what to watch out for when looking through the system data spreadsheet to try and work out if the batteries need replacing?

From what I can see T125's have an approximate lifespan of 650 cycles, our Gwiz is on 600 by the looks of the data, and recently the car's SOC meter started swinging up and down to zero upon accellerating hard at 50% charge level, even though we charged it fully the night before, this happened after about 6 miles of driving.

Obviously this worried me, I immediately plugged in the BMS software and studied the error (a >0.7 voltage warning), and low and behold, we had a voltage of 5.4 Volts on one battery. Two others were under 6 volts and the others were at approx 6.5 volts.

I realised that this could be evidence of some batteries giving up, but then wondered if it needed equalizing, so I've equalized and all seems well, but after visually inspecting the cells today I did notice there is some white sulphation visible between the plates, this seems consistent on each battery, although looking at the logs it did confirm my thoughts re the lower voltage.

I'm presuming given the 600 cycles a whole new set would be in order :( Should we run this set into the ground? Or change them now - I'm presuming the range will start to drop quite rapidly towards the end of their life.

On that subject anyone know what terminal type you need? is it EHPT?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi everyone . i just baught a second hand reva g-wiz a couple months ago and been having some problems the last couple days with it . and need some help if anyone has the EMS ANALYZER or the BATTERY WIZARD that could share. would be very thankful for any help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi everyone . i just baught a second hand reva g-wiz a couple months ago and been having some problems the last couple days with it . and need some help if anyone has the EMS ANALYZER or the BATTERY WIZARD that could share. would be very thankful for any help.
Hi,
I too have just bought a second hand G-wiz 2006 reg, two weeks ago.
What is your email address? I can send you them.
What problems are you getting?
Regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi EVMAN thanks so much. [email protected]
the problems that have appeared lately is some indicator lights go on and off from time to time like the battery temperature while the whether is fine at 20 degrees celsius and not driving the car for a long time ,the indicator that the batteries need water when there full,i even oppened the battery cover to check if the hose got bent in any way but was ok and the batterys was full with water , and the odometer and battery capacity meter are not working at startup , and start suddenly 10 to 15 minutes of driving time and then work fine till the next startup , plus i think i got less driving time and want to check that out with the ems

·
Registered
7 Posts
20 degrees Celsius that's quite warm for me, I live in the UK, here it is 5 degrees Celsius very cold.
I have sent you an email about software.
Regards

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Sorry for a salesy type post....

We have installed lithium into a couple of Gwiz now. Happy to discuss using conversation/private message feature..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, using the EMS analyzer software for the gwiz it give you the option to set the SOC and a scale of 0 to100% what do you set it to and why?
i had a warning light come up and got the copy from ebay, it was only £13, It gives a lot of info i dont understand yet, any tips? thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Ellis,
I have a G-wizz AC model 2006 and have got to understand it better since owning it from February.
The software is very useful for monitoring the voltages but it is only a guide. I have had two batteries fail on me, one in June and one last week. I am changing a battery when it fails mainly to save cost. The true test of a battery after a full chage is to use a hydrometer, this device is very accurate and will tell you the state of charge. The battery monitor software will tell you the voltage accross the battery but the true test is when you are drivng and drawing a lot of current from the battery under load conditions. Both batteries had one dead cell yet BMS indicated full voltage.
Anyway back to your queston of warning light. Does this warning light come on when you plug in your charger?
Regards
Bill

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok. Thanks, i originally had the spanners warning light come on. I checked with the bms and it said a fault, something about temperature, I had left it and not done anymore about it that was a few weeks ago. Anyway we were away and when we came to use the car it said full charge but it only lasted a few miles, the charge meter was swinging about. My wife drives the car so some of this is relayed infomation. I have tested each battery and 1 was very low 3.9v i tried to charge it but the charging turned itself off and the soc meter read in the yellow . I got another separate charger yesterday and charged it for about an hour until it showed over 5 v and then set the equalisation charge going. After charging all day yesterday i have just looked at it and all are around 6v. The car was still plugged in but the fan had stopped and it looked like all charging had stopped. I reconected the computor and it said charging. I did check the charging voltage but reset the equalisation charge. Its charging again and still has this fault code 'over Vtg Sd' it says cause, 1. if battery current > iprog
2. if over voltage factor is set to low limits in EMS calibration.
Actions. 1 Iprog has to be calibrated, by setting Iprog factor.
2. Set the factor to 6650.
Any advice on this? Thanks Ellis
P.s. I haven't checked the sg yet i will try to get a hydrometer today.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts