Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

There is a moulded recess and a slot with two holes on the plastic behind the driver's seat, but no connector.

Do you know where on the EMS the connection should be made.

Cheers,

Rob
This would seem to suggest that the socked may be behind the plastic and the fixing screws have fall off. You'll need to take out the rear seat and then, you should be able to see the missing socket on the end of a cable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
H
This would seem to suggest that the socked may be behind the plastic and the fixing screws have fall off. You'll need to take out the rear seat and then, you should be able to see the missing socket on the end of a cable.
i,

Thanks for the reply.
I have already removed the seat, but there is no cable attached to the diagnostics port of the EMS. That is my problem. I need to connect a laptop directly to the EMS diagnostics port, but I don't know how to make that connection?

Cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
384 Posts
H

i,

Thanks for the reply.
I have already removed the seat, but there is no cable attached to the diagnostics port of the EMS. That is my problem. I need to connect a laptop directly to the EMS diagnostics port, but I don't know how to make that connection?

Rob
Im a bit busy at the moment but will try and have a look where the cables are connect to. I think there are only two wires. BTW do you have the EMS software running on an XP machine (dont think it runs on other windows systems).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks.

I have the software, but, at present, I can't run it.

I would be grateful for any advice. The car is not going anywhere as the red service light stays on. I would like to know what the porblem is and then, possibly, rectify it.

Cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks.

I have the software, but, at present, I can't run it.

I would be grateful for any advice. The car is not going anywhere as the red service light stays on. I would like to know what the porblem is and then, possibly, rectify it.

Cheers,

I am reasonably certain that the software needs to run on an XP machine - please explain why you can't run it?

The usual reason that the red light is illuminated is because one of the batteries has dropped below its minimum voltage during normal running. You should be able to charge the car if this happens.

If the car has been left standing for a long period without being charged then the battery bank will have become depleated and wont accept a charge. You will need to get each of the 8 batteries up above their minimum voltage by using a none-intellegent charger. To do this you need to isolate the battery bank as per the instructions on the reva g-wiz forum.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks a lot Pete!
Any chance you could send to [email protected]

I have managed to connect the EMS analyser to the car but when I try to download data I get an error message saying that the ActiveX component is missing. Any idea how to solve it?
You will need to install this software on an laptop that is running XP, if you haven't got a suitable machine then there is little point in me sending the software.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You will need to install this software on an laptop that is running XP, if you haven't got a suitable machine then there is little point in me sending the software.
I have managed to install the EMS Manager on a Windows XP machine with Office 2003 and all is working well. I could connect to the car and download the data :)

I would really appreciate if you could send the other two softwares: Battery Wizard and BMS Monitor.
Would these give me additional functionalities then the EMS Manager?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Sky... done... enjoy!
Hi Derek, I bought a revai 2008 model. I'm looking for software to check the battery status and other technical parameters so please if possible send me the software's at [email protected]

And I have a questions: I'm planning to replace the lead acid battery with lithium ion..... Will it work like just swapping the battery without changing other parts ??

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have managed to install the EMS Manager on a Windows XP machine with Office 2003 and all is working well. I could connect to the car and download the data :)

I would really appreciate if you could send the other two softwares: Battery Wizard and BMS Monitor.
Would these give me additional functionalities then the EMS Manager?

Thanks a lot
Hi, How you connected it ? I tried to connect it with a usb to serial rs232 cable with female to female adapter. But it's saying " could not connect to car " , why is that ??

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi, How you connected it ? I tried to connect it with a usb to serial rs232 cable with female to female adapter. But it's saying " could not connect to car " , why is that ??
If my memory serves me correctly you need to connect the 9 pin serial cable to the port on the car then start your laptop. Once your laptop is has booted up you then need to connect the usb adapter (which is connected to the serial cable) to your laptop. If you then start the software, you should be able to select the correct com port to get the software hooked up to the car. On my setup It varies between com3 and com4 depending on which usb connection I use.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
32 Posts
@Derek Clifford Foley how many miles have you done in your 3 years of Wiz ownership? Do you ever take it out on the motorways or bypasses?
I've had it now for 4 years. Its now done 26,000 miles so I've done 10,000 miles since buying it which was when I replaced the batteries, which cost about £1,000 (fitted them myself). I never go on any "A" roads. As the top speed is only 38mph when fully charged and about 30 when low on power I'd just hold everyone up! I live near Clacton-On-Sea so most places are reachable, but I'd probably have to invest in a type 2 to 3 pin adapter if I ever dare venture to Colchester and stand a chance of getting back. Currently (now March) range is 24 miles when temps are less than 10 degrees C and approx 32 miles during summer temps.

I have a couple of times gone on the bypass from the Clacton B&Q to the St.Johns roundabout, a 1/4 mile stretch, where I allow plenty of room on the right for people to overtake as Essex drivers are pretty unforgiving of slow vehicles, so I normally avoid that road if I can and go round the back down slower roads!

RE motorways. There aren't any in East Anglia, so I don't have that issue, the A12 is as close to a 2 lane motorway around here, I know I'd feel pretty nervous doing 30-35 on that and I've never taken the Wiz that far since owning it.

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed on a genuine motorway in a quadricycle anyway in terms of the law.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts