Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered an SR+ a couple of weeks ago with the intention of keeping / charging it in our garage. We have no driveway, so there's nowhere else to put the charger.

I'm starting to get a little anxious about the garage's dimensions: it's 215" long (5.48m) x 120" wide (3.04m), but the width of the entrance is just 92" (2.35m). At the moment the garage is full of our junk, which we'll be clearing out this weekend, so we've never put a car in it and even if we did, we have a Mini Cooper S, which isn't going to give us much of an idea re. whether the Model 3 will fit.

Does anyone else have a similarly pokey garage? If the car doesn't fit, I'm not sure what I can do without a driveway.

·
My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
420 Posts
Easy peasy! I get a Model S and a Model 3 in a garage that is broadly 5m x 5m square! If the door is a standard 7ft one, then the car will go through no problem. If you get FSD, then Summon will park it in there for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank-you both for the rapid replies - that’s put my mind at rest.

Sadly, no FSD. It was a stretch ordering the cheapest SR+ configuration possible. I felt that if I didn’t order one now, with the PICG still available and benefit in kind dropping to 0% in April, then it might never happen.

·
Registered
443 Posts
If you are anywhere a service center, contact them and ask them if you can borrow one to test just that. I did it a couple of weeks ago and explained I wanted to see if I needed to get FSD or not, and they were more than happy for me to take it home and try.

Note though, in my case I have already extended my garage backwards, so have more play, but thats cause my previous car (BMW i3) would open onto the part of the brickwork that juts out.

So if you can't extend backwards to avoid that, you may also want to do what I did add padding (basically cardboard + foam) for you to open onto instead of brickwork.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Darran, I’ll definitely be using padding on the walls like you have done. Great idea!

Do you know the dimensions of your garage?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts