Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Decided to get a VCXNano to run GDS2, but have come up against some issues and wondered if anyone has recent experience of dealing with the ACDelco or PSA ServiceBox sites?

My problem is that GDS2 comes up with a "No valid lease found" error message.

So after trying many different GDS2.exe downloads without success, I went to the ACDelco site and ordered a 30day GDS2 subscription for €20, but the US site doesn't accept any of my Visa cards.
I then went to the PSA Service Box site and discovered that they are charging €65.40 for the same subscription!!!

So before I pay PSA's extortionate fee and discover it doesn't work, thought I would ask the group what they did.........

Regards,

Antony.

PS My set up is:

Windows 10 (64bit) running in VirtualBox on a MacBook Pro

Log from GDS2:
2021-09-14 10:38:56,892 DEBUG [com.eoos.gm.tis2web.frame.dls.client.DLSServiceImpl] - validating software key...
2021-09-14 10:38:56,904 DEBUG [com.eoos.gm.tis2web.frame.dls.client.SoftwareKeyRegistry_Dir] - reading swk ...
2021-09-14 10:38:58,233 DEBUG [com.eoos.gm.tis2web.frame.dls.client.DLSServiceImpl] - failed to cleanup tmp file :C:\Users\Test\AppData\Local\Temp\jtf2611630462712370075.tmp
2021-09-14 10:38:58,233 DEBUG [com.eoos.gm.tis2web.frame.dls.client.DLSServiceImpl] - ....stored key is INVALID

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you’re trying to run the GDS2 version that comes as a VM with VCXNano, it needs to have a past date for the “lease” to not expire. When it has expired, changing the date back won’t help anymore. The VMWare VM I had included an utility that runs at boot and resets the date. I once tried to make it work in Virtualbox, but didn’t know this piece of information back then. Sadly I don’t remember what the date it used was, but you might be able to find the utility in there (it might have been something like gmdate.exe).

I’ve no recent experience on the PSA service, but apparently ACDelco stopped working for Opel/Vauxhall. In any case getting everything installed and set up with the subscription takes a while, so better be prepared to tinker for a few hours. And start with a clean VM if possible. It’s still worth it at least for troubleshooting since the newer GDS2 has a diagnostic summary screen (buried inside HPCM2 menu). And if my memory serves, the date trick might still work if you keep the VM isolated from internet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
… and with clean VM I meant one without traces of a hacked GDS2, just the drivers and software for VCX Nano. And make sure to start that software first and select the GM mode.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
I dont think you can buy anything from PSA as you need a European vat number.

·
Registered
2012 Ampera
72 Posts
  • Only GDS2 "for private use" I heard of were pirated ones, where you download it from some dodgy chinese site and it does some "patching" on itself.
  • You do not need GDS2 to do SPS programming, only VCX Nano with corresponding drivers.
  • You can do SPS programming from PSA site as a private person. I did it last weekend. It costs 45 EUR for 2 hours + VAT. GDS2 was not even installed on the laptop during programming.
  • You need to have VCX Nano installed prior to installing GDS2 (or the other way around, I do not remember), but you do not need to have it connected to the car at install time.
  • I do not recommend using Virtual machine for SPS programming. I run it on bare metal, with 12V tender connected to car, USB connected VCX Nano and charger connected to laptop. You do not want it to fail during re-flashing or you might brick the car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, Decided to get a VCXNano to run GDS2, but have come up against some issues and wondered if anyone has recent experience of dealing with the ACDelco or PSA ServiceBox sites?

My problem is that GDS2 comes up with a "No valid lease found" error message.

So after trying many different GDS2.exe downloads without success, I went to the ACDelco site and ordered a 30day GDS2 subscription for €20, but the US site doesn't accept any of my Visa cards.
I then went to the PSA Service Box site and discovered that they are charging €65.40 for the same subscription!!!

So before I pay PSA's extortionate fee and discover it doesn't work, thought I would ask the group what they did.........

Regards,

Antony.

PS My set up is:

Windows 10 (64bit) running in VirtualBox on a MacBook Pro

Log from GDS2:
2021-09-14 10:38:56,892 DEBUG [com.eoos.gm.tis2web.frame.dls.client.DLSServiceImpl] - validating software key...
2021-09-14 10:38:56,904 DEBUG [com.eoos.gm.tis2web.frame.dls.client.SoftwareKeyRegistry_Dir] - reading swk ...
2021-09-14 10:38:58,233 DEBUG [com.eoos.gm.tis2web.frame.dls.client.DLSServiceImpl] - failed to cleanup tmp file :C:\Users\Test\AppData\Local\Temp\jtf2611630462712370075.tmp
2021-09-14 10:38:58,233 DEBUG [com.eoos.gm.tis2web.frame.dls.client.DLSServiceImpl] - ....stored key is INVALID
Interesting, i also bought a VCX Nano GM 2 weeks ago and tried 5 different Visa and mastercard's last Sunday to try and buy the 2 hr SPS subscription. All failed. I feel something major has changed on the AC Delco site for some reason. for my googling, i think using a VPN to put me in the USA , and ordering that way might be the only way to do it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I tried again today to buy a 2 HR SPS subscription via my account @ €35 but the visa card purchase failed again once in clicked "place order" , exactly like sunday when it failed with 4 different visa and MC.

So i have now contacted AC Delco via my account on the contact us page bottom of the website to ask why no £GBP option and why € Euro options are failing ordering from the UK with VIsa or Mastercard.

I am now thinking is this a Brexit issue maybe , with the AC Delco site linked to GM Europe in € only and wont accept orders from the UK ? If i get no answer back with a work around by Friday i may try buying again using a VPN that puts me in France, to see if the payment will then go through.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Check if your credit or debit card has restrictions on countries of purchase. My bank allows me to restrict purchases from some regions to avoid the risk of fraud.

Concerning the GDS2 licence: I had the same problem when I installed the software from the CD without being connected go the device. I susequently obtained a link to updated software from the seller, and installed it while being connected to the device. The GDS2 license then appeared.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check if your credit or debit card has restrictions on countries of purchase. My bank allows me to restrict purchases from some regions to avoid the risk of fraud.
Never heard of such a thing in the UK, and i have now tried at least 7 different cards , all from different providers, Visa, Mastercard, Credit and Debit. It's not the cards, it's AC Delco's system. They are looking into it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally got the GDS2 lease sorted - I had to resurrect an old Windows PC (two days of updating Win10 patches!!) to run a clean install of the software. Seems there is an issue with my VirtualBox hosted Win10.

However, before I connected, I tried out an Autel MaxiAP AP200, and it successfully reset the dreaded SHVCS error codes without having to reflash the HPCM2 software. So the GDS2 system is now on the back burner to try another time!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Finally got the GDS2 lease sorted - I had to resurrect an old Windows PC (two days of updating Win10 patches!!) to run a clean install of the software. Seems there is an issue with my VirtualBox hosted Win10.

However, before I connected, I tried out an Autel MaxiAP AP200, and it successfully reset the dreaded SHVCS error codes without having to reflash the HPCM2 software. So the GDS2 system is now on the back burner to try another time!!
Lucky, buy and fit the defeat plug asap.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Lucky, buy and fit the defeat plug asap.
I have made my own "defeat plug" with the resistor as detailed on this forum, but I still get the SHVCS error from time to time and can reset all the codes just using the Torque Pro App on Android and a basic bluetooth OBD gadget. So Ampera owners shouldn't always fear the dreaded SHVCS warning, as it does seem that in some cases it can be cleared without a dealer visit or HPCM2 re-flash.

·
Registered
2012 Ampera
72 Posts
There are multiple possible reasons for SHVCS:

Low coolant level
Bad sensor
Corroded cable splice under sensor harness
Loss of isolation in coolant (<250kOhm)

·
Registered
103 Posts
There are multiple possible reasons for SHVCS:

Low coolant level
Bad sensor
Corroded cable splice under sensor harness
Loss of isolation in coolant (<250kOhm)
My guess is that it's the last one (loss of isolation in coolant) as I'm fairly sure that my coolant hasn't been changed and the car is on 120,000 miles now. Sounds like a job for the next service (y)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Never heard of such a thing in the UK, and i have now tried at least 7 different cards , all from different providers, Visa, Mastercard, Credit and Debit. It's not the cards, it's AC Delco's system. They are looking into it.
Still nothing back from AC Delco. I tried to day using a VPN to make it i'm in Germany (failed payment but did add tax at checkout, where a UK checkout has tax @ €0.00) , and USA VPN which would not let me checkout at all as all my account details are UK data, it i cant use this service.

·
Registered
2012 Ampera
72 Posts
My guess is that it's the last one (loss of isolation in coolant) as I'm fairly sure that my coolant hasn't been changed and the car is on 120,000 miles now. Sounds like a job for the next service (y)
Yuo do not need to guess, just read error codes. New BECM calibration has more "relaxed" limits for isolation errors, but will also lower usable range with approx. 10%

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yuo do not need to guess, just read error codes. New BECM calibration has more "relaxed" limits for isolation errors, but will also lower usable range with approx. 10%
Last time that I cleared the faults that brought up the SHVCS warning, the codes showing as "Current" on Torque Pro were : B2AAA - Body, P0AA4 - Powertrain, P1F0E - Powertrain, P1FFF - Powertrain with the same set of codes also showing as "Historic". Range seems unaffected at present - averaging about 42 miles on a charge and using 10.5Kw. The B2AAA and P1FFF codes seem a bit random and I can't find any reference to those, but the P0AA6 and P1F0E both refer to HV battery / charging isolation resistance - so would this indicate the need to change the battery coolant, or something else? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Last time that I cleared the faults that brought up the SHVCS warning, the codes showing as "Current" on Torque Pro were : B2AAA - Body, P0AA6 - Powertrain, P1F0E - Powertrain, P1FFF - Powertrain with the same set of codes also showing as "Historic". Range seems unaffected at present - averaging about 42 miles on a charge and using 10.5Kw. The B2AAA and P1FFF codes seem a bit random and I can't find any reference to those, but the P0AA6 and P1F0E both refer to HV battery / charging isolation resistance - so would this indicate the need to change the battery coolant, or something else? Thanks in advance.
Ha ha, I'm replying to my own posts now! I just found this link which is very helpful regarding the P0AA6 and P1FFF codes - Volt and ELR with No Charge Condition Due to Loss of High Voltage Isolation – TechLink - which may help other owners in the future.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts