Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken from a post in the VW ID. Drivers Club group on Facebook:

The update will be rolled out in waves and our planning for the countries in the coming calendar weeks (CW) is as follows:
• Wave 1 (CW38) - Germany and Austria
• Wave 2 (CW40) – Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, UK, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and others
• Wave 3 (CW42) – Greece, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia and others
• Wave 4 (tbd) – Last wave for those of you who gave their agreement too late for the planned wave or who’s ID. was not running ID.Software2.1 at that time.

Please note that the rollout week does not necessarily mean, that your ID. will download the software in the exact same week. It can take up to several weeks before the download starts. Please read our Tips & Tricks carefully Facebook Groups.

Important:
The following requirements are necessary to be able to
• Active We Connect Start contract and your ID. is linked to your account (via the We Connect ID. app).
• Your ID. is already on ID.Software2.1.
• No factory reset or deleting the ID. from the app before the update is completely installed - otherwise we have to take your car out of the running campaign due to GDPR.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
14 Posts
• Wave 2 (CW40) – Denmark, France, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, UK, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and others
• Wave 3 (CW42) – Greece, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia and others
• Wave 4 (tbd) – Last wave for those of you who gave their agreement too late for the planned wave or who’s ID. was not running ID.Software2.1 at that time.
And still no word whatsoever for the US.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,860 Posts
Taken from a post in the VW ID. Drivers Club group on Facebook:

The update will be rolled out in waves and our planning for the countries in the coming calendar weeks (CW) is as follows:
I had to look it up: UK is week 40 from Monday 4 October

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The ID.3 hasn't to date been sold in the USA. I presume the ID.4 was delivered with firmware that already supports OTA updates.
I think 2.3 is for ID.3 and ID.4.

All ID.4s should have been on 2.1 before being handed over to customers.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought that date was referring to the update itself not the email.
There was other text in the post (which waffled on and wouldn't have made full sense as a straight copy/paste), that's when the emails are planned to go out.

Reactions: scuk

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wonder if that's why the app has been flakier than usual in the past few days. I mean, I'd hope they weren't using the same server infrastructure for both, but didn't "wave 1" start this week?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts