Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets look at the the CCGT grid level generation instability. Oscillations with a magnitude of about 7GW. Between 10PM and 1AM

There's something going on, disturbing generation stability.

Too many EVs charging?

Slope Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
I agree, if it was an instability issue of that magnitude the grid frequency would have been all over the place, with generators tripping out left right and centre.

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys, look at transfers via Interconnectors. Some major instabiities in the system

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
Are you sure these aren't the same glitches in the data that Gridwatch Templar is using? This has glitched before, as both Gridwatch and Gridwatch Templar are unofficial, I believe, so rely on scraping data from Elexon.

Edited to add:

Just looked closely at the Gridwatch Templar pumped hydro and it shows the same pattern of glitches (in the blue trace), and as pumped hydro cannot respond that quickly I suspect there is an issue with the way that data has been scraped from Elexon:

Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Screenshot

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Yes, these are glitches, happens fairly regularly. The most common one is when the sun turns off around 10am and doesn't turn back on until around 2pm on the solar trace. I think that happens when Sheffield Uni forget to pay their internet bill.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts