Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the i3 yesterday and so far love it. So went out for a drive today and thought I would try out a charger.in Sheringham (Morris road car park) three genie point charges all free. Looked at the first two and both not working, so went to the third and connected the cable, tried the app three times and would not let me log in, so went for a guest account and then they took £20 to be preloaded for further use, still couldn't get the charger to work ( kept counting down from 120 secs) tried three times then gave up as only needed to quickly pop to one shop.

Once home, sent am email and within an hour had a call from qenie point customer service (Ruth) who was very helpful and pleasant and reassured me that I would get the £20 back as the chargers were not working.

So for me, this being the first time in trying to charge and the first interaction with a charging company, I was very happy.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
97 Posts
Well got the i3 yesterday and so far love it. So went out for a drive today and thought I would try out a charger.in Sheringham (Morris road car park) three genie point charges all free. Looked at the first two and both not working, so went to the third and connected the cable, tried the app three times and would not let me log in, so went for a guest account and then they took £20 to be preloaded for further use, still couldn't get the charger to work ( kept counting down from 120 secs) tried three times then gave up as only needed to quickly pop to one shop.

Once home, sent am email and within an hour had a call from qenie point customer service (Ruth) who was very helpful and pleasant and reassured me that I would get the £20 back as the chargers were not working.

So for me, this being the first time in trying to charge and the first interaction with a charging company, I was very happy.
You were lucky to
find a free Geniepoint charger!
Most have a connection charge plus a rate per KWh

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think it was something to do with the chargers are not used very often.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Not sure why you would be happy that the lady on the phone was pleasant and helpful when you contacted them about broken charges. I would have been more happy if the charger worked and you didn't need to contact them in the first place.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looks as if they aren't commissioned yet according to PlugShare and not yet on ZapMap. PlugShare says the Geniepoints in Holt are also still not working either, I had a look at them back in June, seems to be taking them a while to sort out.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,172 Posts
You were lucky to
find a free Geniepoint charger!
Most have a connection charge plus a rate per KWh
It does happen. The ones at Love Lane in Nantwich have been free vend for some time. (and no charge for parking either)

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
97 Posts
It does happen. The ones at Love Lane in Nantwich have been free vend for some time. (and no charge for parking either)
I had to charge at a Geniepoint today in Callington as the Polar in Lifton was unavailable and that was chargeable!

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,172 Posts
I had to charge at a Geniepoint today in Callington as the Polar in Lifton was unavailable and that was chargeable!
Yes. Some are chargeable. It's to be expected. About 3 weeks ago the ones in Love lane were free and had been for couple of weeks. AFAIK they are still free.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Not sure why you would be happy that the lady on the phone was pleasant and helpful when you contacted them about broken charges. I would have been more happy if the charger worked and you didn't need to contact them in the first place.
Yes, shameful isn't it? No company worth its salt ever has any of its equipment go wrong, does it, so why bother with a decent customer relations department?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts