Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just received an email from them advising of price changes. Pricing on their branded units from 6April will be 35p/kWh with no connection fee - it says the overstay fee still applies. Good news for anyone using their Rapids at Morrisons and Esso service stations just for a few kWh

Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Document Number
Font Screenshot Electric blue Parallel Document

·
Registered
513 Posts
I think I've still got a £10 registration deposit with them, as my nearest charger at a Morrisons is 5 minutes away. Only used them before my home charger was fitted and was getting free charging during lockdown for NHS employees.

Now, how do I get my deposit back?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I did wounder what was going on here, we moved to a PHEV last year, and I still had £9 something credit on our SSE card and no way to refund, so I have used there chargers a number of times in the last couple of months for the AC Type 2 (they can charge AC and DC at the same time), and never once had to pay the connection charge.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Do they yet allow ’new simple payment' with a contactless card or do you still have to faff around with an account? Good that they’ve dropped the connection fee, but until they have contactless payment they'll stay on my ignore list!

·
Registered
GOLF GTE PHEV
3,878 Posts
It beggars belief that Morrisions have missed the opportunity to attract customers away from other supermarkets that don't have charging or charge a lower rate by letting Geniepoint charge top rate.
25p/kw and keep the overstay charge may have the desired effect that Morrisions, were presumably hoping for.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
842 Posts
They’re not the easiest to use. They don’t accept contactless cards yet iirc, but you can register an rfid card to your account so you don’t have to use their awful web app. I think you can even register a contactless debit card and use that to stop/ start a charge, but you can’t just turn up and use an unregistered card.

I try to avoid them, but I will use any charger - through gritted teeth - if it’s in the right location.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Unfortunately, the contactless debit card didn't work for me, I had to keep ringing the phone number on the charger to get any joy. Add money/credit to their account. Who wants to keep calling them every time you plug in.

I didn't.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
You can register any RFID card to your account (I registered my otherwise defunct Electric Highway RFID card*). Having an account is always going to be cheaper than contactless, so not having contactless is not really a valid reason to avoid them.

* That was easy, because the number printed on the card is the one that the card reader sees, and a simple phone call from home sorted that. I first tried with my CYC card, but the number on the card is different from that seen by the card reader, so you have to be physically present to register that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts