Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm just planning a trip to Cornwall in my LEAF 30. I have the app for Ecotricity. Also have accounts with POD Point and Geniepoint. We plan to travel the county over a week and so will need to stop a few times for charging (when we can't charge overnight at our cottage!). I am particularly interested in the Geniepoint network as there seems to be a few dotted around but the locations are places like Cornwall airport https://19216801.onl/ https://routerlogin.uno/, The Eden project, Holmbush Inn. Does anyone know if these chargers are available and accessible in limited hours or 24/7?
Also can anyone recommend any other RFID cards I shoud carry (only have Geniepoint card currently because I use the apps with the others)

·
Registered
MG ZS EV Exclusive
112 Posts
Might be worth getting Polar Plus - free for 3 months, then you can canscel after your trip. The RFID card does make access much easier than Polar Instant app (and cheaper - 15p per kwh on rapids)

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 R135 GT-Line with CCS in Aconite.
120 Posts
Might be worth getting Polar Plus - free for 3 months, then you can canscel after your trip. The RFID card does make access much easier than Polar Instant app (and cheaper - 15p per kwh on rapids)
There are very few Polar charging points in Cornwall.
West Cornwall Tesco's have Pod Point chargers, St. Ives, Penzance, Redruth, Pool etc.
Geniepoint are well represented, they have Rapid chargers at most sites.
Morrisons at Pool have a Geniepoint Rapid Charger.
Check on Zap-Map first.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Headland Hotel in Newquay has a Chargemaster and a nice comfy bar.

On the way to Cornwall a good place is the leisure centre at Tiverton: Instavolt so just need a debit card.

The good thing with this one is there is a great fish and chip shop up the hill and round the corner, or nice cafeteria if the Leisure centre is open.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts