Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

could someone please summarise the steps needed in getting charging point installed? I know there are some discounts + government grant scheme, there is also a list of installers etc..but how and where to start? What to remember? What to consider and avoid?
Could someone with a knowledge in this matter summarise all from how to start and apply to the very end when the charger is installed? I have noticed there are threads on the forum from 2014 explaining bits and pieces but some say there the rules will change in 2015-2016 etc.. so latest info would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
You should find some useful info in our free home charging and government incentives eBooks: Electric Car Guides

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Find a chargepoint installer that is OLEV registered (it will be prominent on their website and obvious with a headline price of £100-£250). Get some quotes, pick one. They will do all the rest regards paperwork

Thats what i did anyway.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
You may want to ask your electrician to wire in a meter so you can record your usage. You will find the charger uses 10%ish more electricity than the car says you used! This is normal. Also helps you work out if Economy 7 would be worthwhile etc. Maybe some chargers include a meter, but my Rolex doesn't.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
. Maybe some chargers include a meter, but my Rolex doesn't.
Wow, you've got a Rolex charger? That must have been expensive...

Sorry, I'll get my coat.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Yup, someone keeps nicking my Rolec and swapping it for a Rolex! I blame Android Spellcheck myself...
Actually you just spurred me into disabling Android spellchecker (y). Been meaning to do it for ages.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts