Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. - How many passenger warning sounds is the Zoe supposed to have ? - kept my finger pressed on the button inside and I think I could only decipher 3 sounds and they all sounded Sci-Fi like spaceships or i was just playing the electronic organ badly lol :D. I thought the Zoe came with 6 sounds?

Would the noises be stored on the SD card by any chance for the rlink or is that just the tomtom maps and stuff? (im doubting it but i thought i would give it a shot)

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
985 Posts
There's only 3 sounds, that's correct. They aren't on the SD card and I don't think anyone has really had much success modifying them. I think most of us have just pulled the fuse for it at this point.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, you have to turn off every time you start the engine though with the switch. If you switch it off on the last journey it does not remember for the next time you get in and start her up (1st world problems! 🙂) I might see if I can find the fuse then . Really thought the zoes came with 6 different sounds. Been getting funny looks when people think a spaceship is coming towards them

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I just got into the habit of making it part of the start up routine, start car switch off ped horn, becomes second nature after a while.

Reactions: Eclectic

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got into the habit of making it part of the start up routine, start car switch off ped horn, becomes second nature after a while.
I'm sure it will be second nature to me too after a while - only had the car 3 days :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I turn the sound off as part of the start up sequence as well. But I do turn it on if there are lots of pedestrians about, this is because someone did actually step out in front of me while driving through town!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
1,838 Posts
Are they not required in the UK? I know in the US (at least in some states) EVs and hybrids are required by law to have some sort of engine noise. I would keep mine on anyway - lots of children in my village.
For the car to have such sounds has indeed been required by UK law since July 2019. However, that law says nothing about the driver having to use it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For the car to have such sounds has indeed been required by UK law since July 2019. However, that law says nothing about the driver having to use it.
That reminds me of those video sender things they sold in the 80's .. it was legal for them to be sold , but was illegal for people to use them LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts