Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

my first post in this section of the forum as I only signed up last night. I get the Zoe (in white Zen spec) on Monday afternoon although BG haven't installed my home charging point yet and they have told me this morning the soonest date is 31st Jan! They're looking into improving this for me - is this an indicator how popular EV's are becoming now?
So until then I'm going to rely on using my Renault Dealer's charger and public networks although I haven't received my Plugged In Midlands card yet. Fingers crossed all goes well..ish. My Renault dealer said he could order me a 3 pin socket home charger but I'd be looking to pay the thick end of £500 for it.....no thanks.

I look forward to joining in the fun and banter.

·
Registered
122 Posts
We too will be collecting our little Zoe on the 27th Dec, we also will not be getting our home charger until the 20th Jan, but living in Cumbria, there is not many public charging points. So after we have collected her she will mainly be sitting on the drive waiting to be charged up :(
I might have to get a 13 amp pin charger to use until the home charger is installed.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Of course you can, it is a free market and we always recommend working with a local supplier.

Too many EV owners go with BG or Chargemaster as that is what you see in the showroom, however it is the smaller local installers that we should all be supporting as they will actively promote EV's in your area and try to expand the public infrastructure where possible.

Fill in our application and we will push you to a local installer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Of course you can, it is a free market and we always recommend working with a local supplier.

Too many EV owners go with BG or Chargemaster as that is what you see in the showroom, however it is the smaller local installers that we should all be supporting as they will actively promote EV's in your area and try to expand the public infrastructure where possible.

Fill in our application and we will push you to a local installer.
Thanks for the heads up Mark. Like Tim above, Renault push the consumer (i.e. me) down the BG road without fail and the cost to me is zero as it's part of the deal. Sorry to be blunt but if I cancelled BG, how much will it cost me for you guys to install? I'm hoping it'd be the same cost ;-)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Nothing, zero, zilch, diddly squat... couldn't think of any more.

We offer a 32A Rolec Tethered or Untethered completely Free of Charge.

Our online application can speed things up as you can upload your proof of order and some photo's of your consumer unit, meter cupboard, charger location etc, so the first call you get from us or the installer is to book in.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could always add bu**er all but that might get censored! Cheers for the info and your sense of humour it made me laugh; no LOL or PMSL or ROFL from me you'll notice. I'm waiting to hear from BG today on an improved install date as I'm pushing them. If I don't get the answer I'm looking for - this morning I was told end of Jan - I'll certainly change over. I wasn't aware there are alternatives - sorry!

·
Registered
302 Posts
There are many companies like us, we are just starting to band together to creat a Nationwide network of installer where we can then hopefully challenge BG for the Nisssan & Mitsubishi contracts.

We can offer each dealer and customer much greater service, as each dealer would have a nominated installer that they can talk to on a daily/weekly basis. so they can enforce some pressure, should the time delays be too long, etc.

Would also mean that the dealers will be educated more about the grant process from a customer point of view.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts