Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this notice stuck to Zoe windscreen from Glasgow city parking at charing cross car park, knew there was problems getting a charge when parked there and had emailed CYC regarding it, but was told engineer had went out, it it was only Zoe's affected, so they wouldn't be able to get free parking as the can't get a charge, anyone heard anything regarding this

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hi Senos, the letter does not state that you can't charge? Or am I missing something?
What was the purpose of the notice?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,443 Posts
I suggest you take this to EVA Scotland. It looks to me that Zoe owners are being singled out even though there is a definite fix.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey capt, the charging issues happen mostly at charing cross car park Glasgow, everytime I try to charge Zoe I get the BCI message, I reported it to CYC they said they were in discussion with local council. Went to move car and this was stuck to windscreen, only really happens regular in this car park, most of the others charge fine. But the woman in the car park told me that because zoe can't charge were not entitled to free parking, have asked Renault dealership about this and was told nothing could be changed so kinda stumped

·
Registered
842 Posts
I am from glasgow, so am particularly interested in how this gets resolved. Surely it must be the charger at fault then, not a Zoe issue.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,443 Posts
Might be worth reporting it Renault CS too.

Definitely get canvassing some of the local councillors.

Bloody council can't go banning cars instead of fixing problems.

Reactions: CaptFish

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gonna phone Renault CS, and dealership tomorrow sandy, and will ask who is responsible for decision making, and will drop a letter off to Derek Mackay transport minister, also
Also missed off the photo was the comment

" Glasgow City council will not be making changes to the existing charging units, but will consider earth mats for future installs within car parks"

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd appreciate if anyone has any decent contacts and numbers within Renault or dealerships or even within city parking that I can contact before I leave for work at 14:50 on Thursday

·
Zoe Devotee
9,443 Posts
Gonna phone Renault CS, and dealership tomorrow sandy, and will ask who is responsible for decision making, and will drop a letter off to Derek Mackay transport minister, also
Also missed off the photo was the comment

" Glasgow City council will not be making changes to the existing charging units, but will consider earth mats for future installs within car parks"
Final bit is fairly damning, ie we know the posts are at fault but we won't be fixing them. Let's see what transport Scotland have to say about that who paid for the posts on the understanding they were installed properly and maintained as publicly available.

Reactions: Thomas_Newby

·
Status of my member is private
228 Posts
I don't read their wording as an admission that the post is at fault - if anything they're pointing the finger at Renault.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,443 Posts
They are pointing the finger at Renault. Apparently Renault are responsible for poor earthing on individual charging posts.

If the maximum is 200ohms then that's not a target to aspire to, it should be far far less, which it's not. Yes Zoe has a particularly low tolerance, no bad thing I guess for safety, bur hardly an excuse to not fix chargers.

This needs to be brought to attention of Transport Scotland.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,443 Posts
Suuuuuurely! But why fix an issue when you can publish frankly wrong information as a reason not to fix.

·
2nd Zoe ZE40 Q90
338 Posts
From my experience the Zoe charges everywhere in Glasgow apart from Charing Cross and Holyrood Sports Centre.
It also used to charge at these locations. Until they "Fixed" another issue. I'd also like to point out these two locations were put in by Glasgow council. I don't know if that is part of it, but these have been earthed differently than APT would normally. So maybe that is part of it.

The attendants have said in the past that Zoe's can park there, but need to plug in.
As you are allowed to stay all day, they said you shouldn't be even more inconvenienced by not being able to park as well as not charge. Yes some might say you shouldn't be there if you are not charging, but what about those that have finished charging.

I will keep on at CYC and the council, as I have been for 6+ months. I also had APT looking at these two but they looked at them and had to get the council to look because it was there work.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So far raised the issue now with city parking, charge your car, Renault technical services, and awaiting on the dealership to phone me back, this is not going away, just awaiting their feedback to see if i need to take it further

·
2nd Zoe ZE40 Q90
338 Posts
So far raised the issue now with city parking, charge your car, Renault technical services, and awaiting on the dealership to phone me back, this is not going away, just awaiting their feedback to see if i need to take it further
I have the email of the Technical Manager at APT. Don't think they will do anything as it was the councils work, but PM if you want it. Been helpful with Bothwell Street.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts