Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
VW E-Golf
37 Posts
The slots are for coins, if you mean the control underneath ... does it control a vent in the glove box maybe?

(edit : too slow, got distracted while posting. Carry on.)

·
Registered
EGolf
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The slots are for coins, if you mean the control underneath ... does it control a vent in the glove box maybe?

(edit : too slow, got distracted while posting. Carry on.)
How are you getting on with your golf? I find I’m driving ours at every opportunity

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,659 Posts
I have NO IDEA which side is hot or cold or if it is even hot or cold
Different car I admit, but my old Merc B250e had this in the glovebox and it was simply another vent for the usual AC system so if you opened the vent it would blow whatever you had going into the cabin whether that was hot or cold was your choice. I'm assuming this is the same.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
It's to keep your gloves warm, or cold, depending on the season, of course ;)

To keep the pages of the car manual mildew free maybe?

·
Registered
VW E-Golf
37 Posts
How are you getting on with your golf? I find I’m driving ours at every opportunity
Loving it, getting to grips with charging and so on. Such a nice thing to drive, I drove my wife’s Audi the other day and it seemed so rough and primitive by comparison! Especially loving the free chargers near my house - I haven’t paid a penny in electricity since I got the car!

·
Registered
EGolf
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What free chargers do you have locally? My closest is a Sainsbury’s about 4miles away. Might check out whether there’s a limit on parking

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
It's to keep your gloves warm, or cold, depending on the season, of course ;)

To keep the pages of the car manual mildew free maybe?
If it's anything like my Passat (both current and previous), it only blows cold air if it's open. Useful for keeping your lunch cool (y)

·
Registered
VW E-Golf
37 Posts
What free chargers do you have locally? My closest is a Sainsbury’s about 4miles away. Might check out whether there’s a limit on parking
Chargeplace Scotland is a public network of around 1,600 mostly free chargers. we have a small park & ride place next to the motorway which has 2 x 7 kWh and 2 x 50 kWh. They’re located all over the place in car parks, train stations and so on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts