Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
It explains some of the ambivalent behaviour, bordering on schizophrenia, I have witnessed from Vauxhall over the months. The voltec drive system's day is not yet over and it would be such a shame to lose that choice from what's on offer.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As a result of this, with the mentions of Cadillac, I started to read about the Cadillac ELR. Seems very niche, but looks cool. Interesting how they say (or were saying) however that it is NOT voltec, just a system based on it/very similar. If it wasn't more or less the same, wouldn't they just be over complicating things and increasing cost and complexity? Only taken a surface glance at the news reports, but it seems a little odd.

·
Militant EV driver!
4,562 Posts
The ELR is definitely Voltec. It is due here some time next year (but I think their one dealer is in Manchester).

Part of my decision to get the Ampera and not the Volt was based on previous statements that Chevrolet was going to be the budget brand and Vauxhall would be moved upmarket. That was said to affect future resale values which was a consideration. Well GM clearly never made much of an effort to distinguish the difference between the two brands in the end and now that it won't exist at all, I feel slightly cheated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts