Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

221 - 240 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf - 40kw
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Yeah that was last night. It still works but ropey in the wet i would say, not something i would risk trying.

As an aside would it be possible to have the sites cleaned maybe? Say like the bus stops, a crew just goes round them every 6 months and clears the floor and the unit and keeps it fresh looking?

That salford Roayl one is horrible, and the space next to the unit ALWAYS has a car in it, even with a near empty car park, so IMO the 3 spaces in front would be better all becoming EV ones and made into 2 wide spaces for very little cost in floor markings :) At least then you could easily get out of your car in the rain without likely hitting the next cars side with your door :)
Have you been listening to our team calls?!

We have literally just been saying the same thing, some of the bays are in an awful state. It's not necessarily our responsibility but it certainly reflects badly on us if the bay/area is untidy. I'll certainly pass this on as an additional concern from the paying public.

With regards the rapid, i will raise it urgently and get it addressed. Certainly shouldn't be falling away in your hands.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Apologies, i missed your previous post, I think Hazel Grove is the closest but don't quote me. We are in ongoing discussions with Stockport council though about areas they can provide to us where we can install.

Sorry Jay i must have missed it but where is the Hazelgrove one going?

:)

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Have you been listening to our team calls?!

We have literally just been saying the same thing, some of the bays are in an awful state. It's not necessarily our responsibility but it certainly reflects badly on us if the bay/area is untidy. I'll certainly pass this on as an additional concern from the paying public.

With regards the rapid, i will raise it urgently and get it addressed. Certainly shouldn't be falling away in your hands.
I mean with the TFGM having some cleaning crews surely it wouldn't a big thing(laughs loudly about council red tape and politics) to have them do them when they are doing bus stops near by or as a 6month task in their areas. It is shocking and you do wonder if they have ever, ever seen a sponge or microfibre cloth :)

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Let me know how it goes?

The Hazel Grove one isn't final yet so i'm not able to divulge at the moment....hopefully it will come off!

I really, really hope its not the Park & Ride site :D

Torkington Park car park off the A6 would be nice for a rapid as it would help those coming in and out of the peakdistrict dessert have something just on the edge of the region(tried to speak to Macclesfield council about this but instead they installed some Staff only ones at their offices...)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Just as an update, Massie Street Car Park in Cheadle now has a Be.EV rapid! It is now commissioned and should be working with any RFID card and the Be.EV app.

View attachment 134166
Presumably Amey/TfGM/Car Park Operator will also splash some colour on the on the car park spaces to show its for EVs only!

Reactions: Kingpleb1

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf - 40kw
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Presumably Amey/TfGM/Car Park Operator will also splash some colour on the on the car park spaces to show its for EVs only!
Yes, it's just being done by a separate dept. Key thing was to get the chargers down and the line marking will be sorted in the next couple of weeks :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just as an update, Massie Street Car Park in Cheadle now has a Be.EV rapid! It is now commissioned and should be working with any RFID card and the Be.EV app.

Cheadle - didn't see that one coming.

sounds like we hear about each one after installation - how many are planned to be installed each week Jay?

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Can I ask what's happening at Salford royal going forward again?
Is the rapid to be only usable via the be.ev RFID or the old cyc cards?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf - 40kw
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Cheadle - didn't see that one coming.

sounds like we hear about each one after installation - how many are planned to be installed each week Jay?
I'm working on getting a more formal programme released so we can let people get excited :) The difficulty is that the shortlist of sites have been agreed by local authorities but some of the sites are private hosts. A direct connection into the grid is much easier so public-owned sites have been agreed and work will be carried out between now and October. The private sites require a site assessment of costs which means they may become cost prohibitive. The last thing we would want to do it is announce a site and it not happen. Unfortunately we have taken the approach to only announce the sites as completed but i'm hoping that can change.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf - 40kw
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
Can I ask what's happening at Salford royal going forward again?
Is the rapid to be only usable via the be.ev RFID or the old cyc cards?
Well first of all, i've asked it to be switched off until the repair you highlighted yesterday has been dealt with. Swarco felt that it was dangerous and needed dealing with so thanks for highlighting it.

In answer to your question, the Eithad and Salford Royal chargers will be software upgraded to accept Be.EV membership app/RFID plus you will be able to pay through webpay as an alternative to Contactless. Adding readers to the machine would have been very expensive.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm working on getting a more formal programme released so we can let people get excited :)

A government funding announcement today means 48 more rapid charging points are the on way for electric vehicle owners. They will be installed next year in areas of Greater Manchester where they can best help to reduce high levels of air pollution.23 Mar 2018

...I was excited in 2018 😢

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf - 40kw
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #234

A government funding announcement today means 48 more rapid charging points are the on way for electric vehicle owners. They will be installed next year in areas of Greater Manchester where they can best help to reduce high levels of air pollution.23 Mar 2018

...I was excited in 2018 😢
I feel your pain. I was excited then too as I know how behind the curve we are on rapids but it didn’t make any financial sense to buy a load of rapids from CYC when the contract was due for renewal. Once all that was done/signed in Dec 2019, we’ve worked through the site locations with the new provider and here we are 9 months later with 2 in the ground. Will certainly speak to our project board next week and ask to publish the confirmed sites and hope that’s a yes. The others will come as soon as the feasibility studies are done 👍🏻
Appreciate the feedback though, we need this so we can be better! Particularly at comms!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Well first of all, i've asked it to be switched off until the repair you highlighted yesterday has been dealt with. Swarco felt that it was dangerous and needed dealing with so thanks for highlighting it.

In answer to your question, the Eithad and Salford Royal chargers will be software upgraded to accept Be.EV membership app/RFID plus you will be able to pay through webpay as an alternative to Contactless. Adding readers to the machine would have been very expensive.
It's ashame they can't be freevend but at a reduced time, say 30mins per user seeing as they are installed and cost of install is saved compared to others, maybe a much lower rapid charging cost for these would be possible to account for this?

It's sad that the whole unit had to be turned off and not just AC disabled but as I know the risks are high with it being exposed I am glad it's finally been turned off.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts

View attachment 134166
A bit disappointed to see that the space is only a standard size and not painted green and EV marked.
Almost certain to get ICE’D.
Tight spaces are out of bounds to anybody who has any disability issues.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf - 40kw
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #237
It's ashame they can't be freevend but at a reduced time, say 30mins per user seeing as they are installed and cost of install is saved compared to others, maybe a much lower rapid charging cost for these would be possible to account for this?

It's sad that the whole unit had to be turned off and not just AC disabled but as I know the risks are high with it being exposed I am glad it's finally been turned off.
Let’s be honest, any monetary charge is likely to be put towards fixing this machine rather than the Swarco units 😂 we need to be more fixed with the pricing in the first instance, then we can start to mix it up abit. New users could get very confused if we have free here and there then costs elsewhere. We need to establish some structure first.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf - 40kw
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
A bit disappointed to see that the space is only a standard size and not painted green and EV marked.
Almost certain to get ICE’D.
Tight spaces are out of bounds to anybody who has any disability issues.
The line marking is yet to happen and we’re going to suggest it stands out. I do appreciate the concerns though.

As I have said in previous posts, we are establishing a set of standard Design guidance for points/bays in the future but these one’s are going in without that unfortunately. We need to get them in the ground quickly as they are already 12 months behind schedule. We can then look retrospectively if we have issues. The Local Authorities know we need to get these right.

·
Registered
ZE40 R110 EVEZY referral 8bbd0
112 Posts
The line marking is yet to happen and we’re going to suggest it stands out. I do appreciate the concerns though.

As I have said in previous posts, we are establishing a set of standard Design guidance for points/bays in the future but these one’s are going in without that unfortunately. We need to get them in the ground quickly as they are already 12 months behind schedule. We can then look retrospectively if we have issues. The Local Authorities know we need to get these right.
Are you going to paint them using the same colour as the electric buses? It would be a good consistency for people to associate them with the quiet modern electric buses in town.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf - 40kw
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Are you going to paint them using the same colour as the electric buses? It would be a good consistency for people to associate them with the quiet modern electric buses in town.
I mean, it’s a clash of brands (Stagecoach/Amey/TFGM), I wouldn’t even want to walk down that road but certainly some kind of ‘green’ bay makes sense and I’ll put it to the team next week. Thanks!

221 - 240 of 287 Posts