Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My e-golf suddenly fully stopped while driving 90km/h and then turned on all 4 yellow lights. I think I accidentally switched the handle to reverse as I was accelerating and trying to switch the gear up, everything happend very fast. I feel very stressed about it, does anybody know if I hurt the motor? Everything does work normal, i just don't know if the sound I'm hearing is the same as before...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't think the motor is damaged ... the software would protect from such thing .. also since we don't have a reverse gear (like in ICE car), so all is fine ..

but that's why you shouldn't push the button in the gear stick unless you want to go to reverse ..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Many years ago I have to open up my Auto E36, the gear selector is merely an electron switches telling the ECU what to select.
I bet it work very similar in current EV, the ECU will override such command until it feel safe to do so

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i accidentally presed the button and pulled forward to reverse because i am a new ev driver and still used to manual gears. The car suddenly braked the car to a full stop. I really hope everything is fine.

·
Registered
17,434 Posts
Thanks, i accidentally presed the button and pulled forward to reverse because i am a new ev driver and still used to manual gears. The car suddenly braked the car to a full stop. I really hope everything is fine.
I don't think that's possible. It's merely electronic and it shouldn't engage 'reverse' above a certain speed.

Most likely you subconsciously pressed the brake?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I did the same the first day I had my ZOE, leaving the motorway and slowing down on the exit ramp. It worked fine after that, no apparent damage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts