Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had one of these for 18hrs for a demo and loved it

quick question for any of you that are progressive drivers .... the speed seems limited to avoid 3 figures (which seems pretty sensible in this modern world) but was able to run at the front of the A3/m25 in the outside lane for most of my 45min journey and there was still sensible range at the end.

quick question for those that do this a lot ..

on a hypothetical motorway or autobahn where you could legally do 80-83mph ... and using good practice to keep up your speed by moderating your distances with 'acceleration sense' .. how long would you take before you had to 'fill up' ?

·
Registered
636 Posts
When you did your outside lane run, what consumption did the car calculate in miles/kWh?

Can't tell you about 80mph, but I know a pretty steady 70mph usually gets me around 3.3miles/kWh (100 miles ish) in good summer weather. A steady 60mph gives a good bit more, I want to say closer to 3.6-3.7 miles/kWh, but I very rarely have the opportunity to do this.

Speed has a significant impact on efficiency. I'm not a particularly "progressive driver" but I'll generally sit around about the speed limit when it's safe to do so.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tbh the dash was all new to me so didnt really look at the consumption gauge .. but the GOM did suggest hooligan mode wouldnt get me far and as soon as it was sensible A roads the GOM readjusted but appreciate your feedback

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Will be less than 100 miles. If I drive quickly it can be as low as 3mi/kWh and hard driving can be lower, possibly 2.5-2.8 mi/kWh if cold and wet.
Car has about 31 kWh so 90 miles before you really need to fill up, less if you are driving aggressively in the outside lane at those speeds on a cold wet day.

I haven't really tried it for long periods, the miles dissappear too quickly on a longer run and on short distances the initial numbers on the dash are even worse.

Ease off a bit and it's much better. I've learnt to sit at 65 with the cruise on and ignore everyone else on long trips, then bought a car with a bigger battery!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha ha .. yeah this was due to be a london run around with occasional short blasts ..hence the two year lease option

1 - 5 of 5 Posts