Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have ordered a Golf-e to replace a diesel Mercedes ML. Was impressed by the test drive (less so by the estimated retained value after 3-years although understand why this is so) and am looking forward to delivery. But what home charging point? Pod-Point seems to have some awful reviews recently. What are the options and real world experience?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Have ordered a Golf-e to replace a diesel Mercedes ML. Was impressed by the test drive (less so by the estimated retained value after 3-years although understand why this is so) and am looking forward to delivery. But what home charging point? Pod-Point seems to have some awful reviews recently. What are the options and real world experience?
Personally I have 5 chargemaster units, they are ok to me. I would go on the best price/availability deal. There are units that will work with Solar if you have that or might. Always get 32Amp even if your current car is only 16A as later cars will be 32A and nothing can be upgraded.

If the unit is outside or used to charge car outside it should have an earth rod, don't let an installer tell you otherwise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts