Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
MG5 LR, Nissan LEAF 24 and various old ICE
11,803 Posts
It is a GTE powertrain but in a lower spec trimmed car. ;) At least it isn't the mild Hybrid ...

In all seriousness, I wonder whether the difference is just software controls and, if so, whether VW were rating for ratification that their system to prevent unauthorised software upgrades is legal in the UK?

· Registered
MG5 LR, Nissan LEAF 24 and various old ICE
11,803 Posts
5.5k more than a normal auto, just got to ask is it worth the extra?
There's the intangible green credentials and possible benefits of being allowed in ULEZ. A significant number of people do the majority of their journeys for distances under 10 miles but have some weird belief that they "must have" the ability to drive for 300 miles without stopping and hence feel that EVs are not yet suitable for them, but this would suit them. I guess they buy new cars "because they can" rather than on fiscal logic so this as a lease car would make sense.
As an example I have two colleagues with ICE who recently took out new three year leases - one had managed under 6,000 and the under under 7,000 miles in three years. o_O They rarely go beyond 10 miles but claim the need to be able to drive across the country at no notice (hence renting isn't an option). They think I'm the odd one doing 25,000 miles per year in an EV with "only" 100 miles range.

Reactions: cheryl ward
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.