Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had great support in the past, thanks to all. I have a Golf GTE and it is set to charge at 10amps (I have pictures if anyone needs them). But when I switch off it says the rate will be 5amp, and it started charging 6 hours before preset time at a rate of 1.2kw. I have a 32amp Rolex charge point installed at great expense, but I might as well plug it in via the 3pin plug, can anyone suggest why ?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
There are two different settings for charge rate on the GTE - the setting for immediate charging (which sounds like the one you have set) and then in each charging location there is a separate setting for charge rate. When you setup a departure time you select the charging location - the charge rate for this departure time will be there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are two different settings for charge rate on the GTE - the setting for immediate charging (which sounds like the one you have set) and then in each charging location there is a separate setting for charge rate. When you setup a departure time you select the charging location - the charge rate for this departure time will be there.
Brilliant thanks, have set it on the car and will hopefully work when I next charge it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts