Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So far so good, the box has been updated 4 x times now each time running full throttle 3rd gear pulls and sending the logs off to Burger Motorsport.
George looks through the AFR, temps etc. and tweaks the boost tune at different RPM's.
We've finished now, the car does pull much stronger throughout. I like the fact its tuned based on data back from the car and not just wind the boost up without any consideration.

I had a tuning box before on a 2016 vRS 220bhp TSI and the AFR's went very lean on full throttle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great to finally get some power upgrades working on the GTE.

Perhaps Burger Motorsport could work with the Dutch tuner and get the electric power unlocked?

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Great to finally get some power upgrades working on the GTE.

Perhaps Burger Motorsport could work with the Dutch tuner and get the electric power unlocked?
How long will the gearbox take that torque for? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I think someone said it's the same family of gearboxes as used in the Golf R (minus the rear differential output) which has considerably more torque available. I'd personally be most concerned with the torque rating of the clutches but most of the time the slipping on those is limited or avoided entirely.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
The Golf R has max torque of 400Nm, the standard GTE 350Nm which is capped as demonstrated above. The electric motor is providing around 150Nm when it is rated at 300Nm - potentially giving a total of 500Nm, way above the Golf R.
I would agree that the lack of traction on the GTE in comparison to the Golf R might save the gearbox a bit, but the snatch of tyres grabbing will expose any weak points in the drivetrain.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts