Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve a Golf GTE 65 plate. Just returned from a hybrid stop error where they replaced the battery and a wiring loom which had apparently been rubbing and corroded. Since then twice I’ve noticed the car doesn’t go into reverse gear when selected. Once I was parked on a slight incline and the car drove forward as I pressed the accelerator and then again today it just didn’t move anywhere when I tried to reverse from a flat parking space. Both times turning the car off and on again has enabled it again. Has anyone experienced this or could offer light on whether it’s related to my previous error or just terrible coincidence? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
A few members have had problems with the gear selector control if I remember correctly.
Do you have the extended warranty on the car ?.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Does sound like the gear selector issue that @Carty just mentioned.

The DQ400e box is generally pretty reliable, but the gear selector switch unit seems to be a weak point.

If you can get it hooked up to a VAG/VCDS code reader it’s probably stored some error codes that will be useful in pinpointing the fault.

Does it ever not select 6th gear also?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes we have all component warranty, not that it’s covered anything that’s gone wrong so far lol! I’ll keep looking for the other posts, thanks.

A few members have had problems with the gear selector control if I remember correctly.
Do you have the extended warranty on the car ?.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah it’s automatic, so no 6th gear option. Is that a different box than what you’ve referenced?
Does sound like the gear selector issue that @Carty just mentioned.

The DQ400e box is generally pretty reliable, but the gear selector switch unit seems to be a weak point.

If you can get it hooked up to a VAG/VCDS code reader it’s probably stored some error codes that will be useful in pinpointing the fault.

Does it ever not select 6th gear also?

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Ah it’s automatic, so no 6th gear option. Is that a different box than what you’ve referenced?
When the car is either selecting gears itself in full auto mode or you’re selecting them with the paddles or gear selector lever, it’s going through the gears and displaying which one you’re in via the MFD between the dials?

In other DSG gearboxes if it’s a physical problem with the gearbox selector forks, then 6th can sometimes be difficult to engage along with reverse as they share a fork.

It does sound like a gear selector switch issue, so electrical rather than mechanical. If it’s under warranty ask the garage to scan it for fault codes?

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
It does sound like a gear selector switch issue, so electrical rather than mechanical. If it’s under warranty ask the garage to scan it for fault codes?
Great advice !.
A fault code scan should pick up any issues with gear selector electrical mechanisms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts