Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted anything in quite some time and thought it was time again!
For the people that haven't seen my new videos, i posted some with some very interesting results.
I did some acceleration runs proving a remapped GTE can now be called a proper hot hatch!
I'm not going to litter the site with all of the runs, because there might be not enough interest.
This is just one of them running against a stock Golf R (video made on empty road & more runs on my channel):

Now i know most of the people owning a GTE don't buy it for straight out performance, but i want to emphasize that a remap really wakes the car up!
It still has the smooth operation of a stock car and i can still drive on cheap 95RON fuel.
I'm planning to post more eco-minded videos in the future (efficiency tips & how to get 50 km on a single charge), since that also catches my attention :)

What do you think?
If you have a request for a new video, let me know and i'd be happy to make it ;)

Thanks and regards,

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Nice! I dare say the 210 hp from the GTE in stock form is more than enough for me.

Are there any reliability concerns with Stage 1? For instance, how warm would you like the oil before using full power. I believe VW optimise the GTE to output full power fairly soon after the engine starts up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no reliability issues, car is performing perfect!
I like to warm the oil up to about 80 degrees C before really using all the power.
Yes, i really hate that you have full power pretty much on startup, the oil is still way too cold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts