Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, firstly I apologise for my lack of knowldge on the Zoe.
My PHEV lease ends next month and am looking to jump into a BEV.

I am guessing it has a type 2 plug (or is it one with a CCS plug) if it comes with a type 2 cable?
Does it have a 3.3kW or 7kW onboard charger when plugged into a home wallbox charger?
Can the Q210 model charge at 40kW DC?
Any idea how much to buy the battery out right from Renault?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
987 Posts
I am guessing it has a type 2 plug (or is it one with a CCS plug) if it comes with a type 2 cable?
This is an old 22kWh battery model. So it's only got a type 2 connector.
Does it have a 3.3kW or 7kW onboard charger when plugged into a home wallbox charger?
It's got the chameleon charger. It can charge at 7kW AC (and beyond, all the way up to 43kW with 3-Phase power supply)
Can the Q210 model charge at 40kW DC?
Up to 43kW Rapid charging, but on AC only. No DC/CCS Support.
Any idea how much to buy the battery out right from Renault?
You would have to contact Renault directly to get an idea of the purchase value. From what I have seen the prices aren't terrible, but you will probably be paying a few thousand for it. You'd have to work out how long you plan to keep the car, if you value a lifetime battery warranty, and what the costs of each would be for your mileage. I'll leave it for OP To reply in case they have enquired themselves recently.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hi..From what I can see from his post it comes with the type 2 cable.
The Zoe will pull through its type 2 socket whatever you connect to it.. if you have a home 7kw charger it will take 7kw.. if you use it's type 2 cable and connect to a 22kw charger it will take 22kw...
Rapid chargers that have tethered cables will supply 43 kw to a Q version Zoe but depending on how much charge you have in the battery and the outside temp when you connect you will prob get nowhere near that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
You would have to contact Renault directly to get an idea of the purchase value. From what I have seen the prices aren't terrible, but you will probably be paying a few thousand for it. You'd have to work out how long you plan to keep the car, if you value a lifetime battery warranty, and what the costs of each would be for your mileage. I'll leave it for OP To reply in case they have enquired themselves recently.
Hi there.
RCI have quoted £2750 to me yesterday to buy out battery.

Comes with Type 2 plug (not CCS)

It can rapid charge yes. Though recently I have had some BCI messages on occasion wth these. Any further questions please feel free to message me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts