Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. First post!

I took delivery of my first EV this week: a Dec. 2015 Leaf 30KWh. It has 12 bars (but Leaf Spy tells me it is at 85.7% SOH) and 34,000 miles on the clock. Apart from a bit of wear and tear it seems in good condition. No service history except for the one just done by the dealer. Poor communication throughout with the dealer but that aside I'm left wondering if this is a good deal or not. I paid £12,500.

Any thoughts, as I'm wondering if I should send it back (I have 14 days under distance selling regulations)?

Thanks in advance.

Nick.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rei, it's an Accenta.

Mainly concerned that I'm gonna lose that first bar on the battery very soon despite having paid for a "12 bar car" and the lack of service history might effect the value, but if it's a good deal anyhow I'll not worry so much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, now I look at the others on Auto trader it does seem like a good deal. I would have liked a bit more battery health ideally but I guess on a car that age it's unlikely.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey, thanks everyone for your opinions and advice. I think in my case, thanks to the poor communication from the dealer I found myself with a car with some problems I was unaware of which left a bitter taste in my mouth.

They have made amends for some of these. After reading your comments and researching further on AT, I feel I have got a reasonably good deal after all.

It turns out that I do have strut top bearing soup, I do have the latest LBC firmware, and I intend to do the drain and recharge thing to rebalance the batteries.

So once again. Thanks to you all 🙂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts