Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Very pleased to see my energy provider of the last 20 years offering four hours free charging on its new EV driver's tariff.

Just waiting for my smart meter to be installed, then away we go!

Have to declare an interest here as I have a minor shareholding in Good Energy, one of the very greenest renewable electricity suppliers with not a hint of greenwash.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
It says: 'The 'flash period' is expected to vary in day each week, but the times will remain the same in the summer and winter months'

Does that mean you only get one 'flash' period per week?

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
821 Posts
It's saying though that the time won't vary? How does that work if it's relying on excess grid capacity?

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
2,371 Posts
It's saying though that the time won't vary? How does that work if it's relying on excess grid capacity?
Ye, doesn't make much sense as it is..

"The 'flash period' is expected to vary in day each week, but the times will remain the same in the summer and winter months. The Summer Flash Period will run from April to September between 11am and 3pm, and the Winter Flash Period will run from October to March between 11pm and 3am. Customers will be given at least 24 hours' notice in advance of the flash period. "

1 - 4 of 4 Posts