1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
594 Posts
I saw this on the BBC website. I should imagine Apple want someone who knows what they are doing to build a car for them which they can then put their tech inside. I say good luck to them, the more players, the more competition, and the more choices to accelerate the change to EV's.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw this on the BBC website. I should imagine Apple want someone who knows what they are doing to build a car for them which they can then put their tech inside. I say good luck to them, the more players, the more competition, and the more choices to accelerate the change to EV's.
Yes, if anything like Apple’s other devices, the car will be well designed and work as expected. Unfortunately, they will be 3 times the price of all the others!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes, if anything like Apple’s other devices, the car will be well designed and work as expected. Unfortunately, they will be 3 times the price of all the others!
And when something brake they'll offer you to buy a new one instead of fixing yours. :p

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,521 Posts
And naturally an Apple car will have a custom charging plug, so you will need to buy CCS adaptor.

Reactions: MikeS

·
Registered
361 Posts
And naturally an Apple car will have a custom charging plug, so you will need to buy CCS adaptor.
And don't forget, when they launch the iCar 2 they'll reduce the available battery capicity on your old iCar 1 through an OTA software update to force you to upgrade! 🤣 🤣 :eek:

John.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kwh 2020
608 Posts
And don't forget, when they launch the iCar 2 they'll reduce the available battery capicity on your old iCar 1 through an OTA software update to force you to upgrade! 🤣 🤣 :eek:

John.
And they'll charge you an extra 50% of the vehicle cost for some extra storage space in the door pockets/glovebox. And you can't use any other manufacturer's suitcase

·
Registered
557 Posts
So we still need jokes about rounded corners, and needing to hold it properly. Come on people.
Jokes aside the markets seem to think it is good news. There seems to be so little real information about what's actually being discussed that it's hard to say. The optimist in me is saying probably a good thing!

·
Registered
253 Posts
So we still need jokes about rounded corners, and needing to hold it properly. Come on people.
Jokes aside the markets seem to think it is good news. There seems to be so little real information about what's actually being discussed that it's hard to say. The optimist in me is saying probably a good thing!
They do it in regards to their phones, tablets, laptops.
Why would they change their approach?
Apple lovers will pay anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts