Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have reevaluated my life choices and decided I don’t feel safe with a short bonnet and drum brakes on the rear therefore the ID3 is leaving us, sad day but safety first.

Well.... It is actually being replaced by a new ID3 family in white with East Derrys. The current business sold for £29k (bought for £27.7 via PCP in nov) via motorway and the new one costs £28k with the offer from VW so it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
Ex 3x BMW i3 (60Rex, 94Rex and S120), Awaiting Tesla Model 3 LR 2021
391 Posts
Eh? Whey would you buy the same car again when you have safety concerns that meant you sold it ?!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,189 Posts
Eh? Whey would you buy the same car again when you have safety concerns that meant you sold it ?!
See this thread for the reason for the sarcastic comments, if you fancy losing the will to live!

·
Registered
Tesla M3 SR+ In a whiter shade of pale
383 Posts
See this thread for the reason for the sarcastic comments, if you fancy losing the will to live!

Sadist😂😂😂😂😂

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe R90 Signature Nav
287 Posts
Eh??? Have you read the WHOLE post? 😂

·
Registered
Ex 3x BMW i3 (60Rex, 94Rex and S120), Awaiting Tesla Model 3 LR 2021
391 Posts
Eh??? Have you read the WHOLE post? 😂
Yes, including the bit at the bottom about making money on the deal done etc, still wouldn’t make me buy the same again if the car wasn’t what i wanted !!

I’m clearly missing a gag here

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,189 Posts
Yes, including the bit at the bottom about making money on the deal done etc, still wouldn’t make me buy the same again if the car wasn’t what i wanted !!

You are, he likes the car, he was joshing about a certain member here who has proclaimed the ID.3 ‘dangerous’ because of its ‘short’ bonnet, and rear drum brakes…

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually really like the ID3, for the price and my requirements nothing else suits (matrix leds are essential). When the chance came to get a newer one at a lower cost it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well.... It is actually being replaced by a new ID3 family in white with East Derrys. The current business sold for £29k (bought for £27.7 via PCP in nov) via motorway and the new one costs £28k with the offer from VW so it was a no brainer.
A new ID.3 Family for £28k? How do you get such a deal?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Be interesting to know what increase you'll see on your insurance premiums, it maybe a decrease. Please let us know. :)

·
Registered
2021 ID3 Life
191 Posts
Water pump is not electric, it’s driven off of the opposite end of the camshaft, same as the standard 1.4 TSI. Doesn’t necessarily need to be replaced at the same time as the cam belt as it is driven by its own belt which is independent from the cam belt but VW recommend that it’s changed at the same time.
A new ID.3 Family for £28k? How do you get such a deal?
He ticked the Short bonnet and drum brakes options

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It’s because it’s such a sales flop they have to give big discounts.

Heritage VW are giving £3750 off along with £2500 grant and £1750 deposit contribution, with the recent price reduction means it’s £28k even with options.

·
Registered
895 Posts
It’s because it’s such a sales flop they have to give big discounts.

Heritage VW are giving £3750 off along with £2500 grant and £1750 deposit contribution, with the recent price reduction means it’s £28k even with options.
Is it a sales flop, or are VW trying extra hard to avoid a big CO2 fleet figure fine by getting more ID3s out there, or are Heritage group chasing a big sales volume bonus?

Prior to price adjustments following the grant changes, I could imagine the higher trims languishing on the showroom floor without adjustment to the price.

That price is cracking. Thought I did well with.my deal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think they needed to shift old stock before the new option structure comes in, whatever the reason I am happy with the price. I’m just more surprised at how the old one went up in value.

·
Registered
Tesla M3 SR+ In a whiter shade of pale
383 Posts

You are…. (missing a number of gags)
All brought about by a range of opinions expressed by a particular contributor, which resulted in what might be politely described as a slight difference of opinion by a large number of other (sensible) contributors.😂
The outcome currently stands at 11 pages of what many of us found quite amusing and entertaining.
It’s the most fun I’ve had with my clothes on for some time🤣

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think they needed to shift old stock before the new option structure comes in, whatever the reason I am happy with the price. I’m just more surprised at how the old one went up in value.
Sometimes it happens, there's a lack of used cars generally right now. Back in early 2009, I chopped in my 2007 Golf GT Sport TDI 170 for a new Scirocco and only lost £1600. A combination of strong used prices due to a lack of good used stock and the temporary stimulus drop in VAT to15%.

The incoming MK6 Golf being a bit ugly vs MK5.probably helped a bit too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If I am correct, this is the ID.3 Family Pro , not the Pro Performance.
Which one do you currently have? I think November models where all Pro Performance.
if I am correct, you are getting a much slower model

1 - 20 of 163 Posts