Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GTE Advance,Isaac Blue Steel,Keyless entry
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTE Advance is just coming up to two years old, it has been trouble free and I have enjoyed owning it

It is difficult to say why I have decided to change but I suppose that at the start it was novel and I've never had a car like it but that novelty is wearing off. I am getting on in years and it is getting more awkward to get in and out of such a low vehicle when it's parked in my garage so I decided on something that will still fit in the garage and is roughly the same size as a Golf but higher. The answer, as far as I am concerned, after trying many variations and makes is a VW T-ROC R Line 2.0 TSFI 4Motion. Shock horror from most of you I expect but it is more comfortable than the GTE, faster and DRINKS PETROL!! The VW dealership gave me an amazing price for the GTE, which means that I had really cheap motoring over the last two years and I'm happy to stay with VW.

I have enjoyed being a member of this forum and found it really helpful. Now where is the T-ROC Forum?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Good luck with the new purchase.
I dread the day I'm going to have to replace my GTE (Isaac Blue also (y))
I will do my utmost to go BEV. The only time I now find the ICE acceptable is when I'm on the motorway, and the instant torque and silence of the electric motor is less of a factor.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Enjoy your new car.
I am surprised, given you bought an SUV, that you did not look for a Kona Electric, or hold out for a Tesla Model Y!
Hope to see you back in the electric world in the future ... happy motoring.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Given your positive experience of a PHEV and the plethora of SUV's in both PHEV and BEV forms, why on earth have you gone for something that "drinks petrol" (in both senses) and will depreciate significantly over the next couple of years?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Surely Kona, E-Niro or Model Y would fit the bill? I’m returning my GTE in August when my E-Niro arrives

·
GTE Advance,Isaac Blue Steel,Keyless entry
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shock horror from most of you I expect
My post was slightly tongue in cheek when I referred to my next car drinking petrol, it will probably be about the same consumption as a GTE with a flat battery!

By way of explanation, I never ever intended to buy a GTE or any other hybrid or ev. I went to the dealership to buy a GTI Performance and got talked into the GTE as it was a cancelled order and readily available whereas the GTI was a 3 month order.

I have had petrol, diesel, calor gas and now a hybrid car. I change my cars about every two years and just wanted a change. When I bought the GTE the salesman, jokingly, said 'you'll drive this like a girl for the first few months'. His words, not mine and no offence is intended to anybody reading this post. Clearly he meant I would be driving sedately and watching the electrics carefully, avoiding speed and the use of A/C or heating. He was right and I still sort of do that whereas with a conventional engine the A/C is always on and you drive how you want without all the dials in front telling you not to.

So I did look at all the alternatives and the only hybrid that still appealed to me was the GTE, none of the others 'floated my boat'. I looked at full EVs and I am not yet fully convinced that the time is right or the price.

My main criteria for a car is, do I like it, will it fit in my garage, is it comfortable and will it be fairly fast? I did test, amongst others, an Audi SQ2 300bhp, it fitted all of my criteria except being fairly fast. It was frighteningly quick and would not have had approval from my 'manager' at home!

I wish you all well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My main criteria for a car is, do I like it, will it fit in my garage, is it comfortable and will it be fairly fast? I did test, amongst others, an Audi SQ2 300bhp, it fitted all of my criteria except being fairly fast. It was frighteningly quick and would not have had approval from my 'manager' at home!
Ha, I've never known of someone not buying a car because it's 'too fast'. Humans are all secretly speed freaks ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts