Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Hoping to get my E-niro YB in next few weeks.
I read about google being able to work with UVO to, for example voice command to heat up the car.
Is this a function on the E-niro 4/ 4+?

If so has anyone got it working with their google assistant / home?
Thanks
John

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hi,
I read about google being able to work with UVO to, for example voice command to heat up the car.

Thanks
John
First try getting the UVO app working reliably itself!

Yet again only Tesla can dependably deliver this kind of feature.

·
Registered
42 Posts
First try getting the UVO app working reliably itself!

Yet again only Tesla can dependably deliver this kind of feature.
My July 2020 eNiro has just hada software update, now has the ability to personalise for two people, plus guest. No Google integration beyond the basic that I can see.

Does anyone else have the two person software - any tips/tricks?

·
Registered
651 Posts
My July 2020 eNiro has just hada software update, now has the ability to personalise for two people, plus guest. No Google integration beyond the basic that I can see.

How to figure out if we have the two person software?

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
332 Posts

When I set up the above software for a user it does not recognise my phone number and yet my phone works to preheat car ok when out and about, does yours set up ok?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh well, nay mind. Thank you all for confirming my thoughts.
John

·
Registered
360 Posts
@Massmayhem have you linked your phone to profiles. I had trouble doing it in Bluelink (Ioniq). On the UVO app try this
Go to the settings menu . Map screen 3 bars top left of the app if the same as Bluelink
You may find an entry in there about profiles it disappears when the car is linked. I can't remember how I did it but it took a couple of times.
Once it is linked you can actually change infotainment settings from your phone I assume you and your partner could have different infotainment settings in their own profiles, colour of maps for example

·
Registered
38 Posts
When I set up the above software for a user it does not recognise my phone number and yet my phone works to preheat car ok when out and about, does yours set up ok?
If you linked UVO to the car before the software update for 2 person drivers, it seems to remain linked to the default of the car (guest?). I suspect if you wish to use the 2 driver function, you will need to unlink UVO and start again linking your phone to Driver #1 or #2.
I didn't bother and am a Guest in my car......

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
John
Great feature to be able to pre-warm passenger compartment...defrost windows too...
No issues getting UVO to work from android.
Home assistant seems not to work in UK but does in other places!? https://www.drivespitzerkia.com/does-kia-uvo-work-with-google-home-and-536410/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts