Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a battery box from a crashed Citroen C Zero to have as spare. I have opened the battery box called "module" and there is an electronic card on top of the four battery cells. I wonder if this is a BMS card that can ballance the cell voltages of it s own or if the card have to communicate with the cars computer. I´m doing a capacity test to see the condition. As a sail boat owner I plan to use the module as house battery in the boat. Can I depend on the card to have the cells ballanced? The batttery gave 40 Ah at test without charging the battery first.I´ll making a new test when finding a suitible charger. Nice to have this energy box to play with. I try to find an inverter to 230V AC for having the battery for electric tools when out of the house electric grid. My boat inverter doesn´t like the 16V from the battery and gives a beeping sound as an error signal. When using the inverter in the boat for the water heater at 1200W it makes this error beep when the lead batteries voltage drop below 10,5V but I thouht a lithium battery should help. Too good is also bad!
These cells are magic creatures, when draining 50A, the voltage is nearly the same.The 3 lead batteries of 75Ah in parallell with the 70Ah start battery in the boat drops below 10,5V when using only 90A. The battery is easy to bring to and from the boat so I can use it for many purposes.A car heater perhaps after finding an inverter that manage the 16V. True sinus inverter at 3000W is the shit for me, my car, my boats and my tools. Perhaps for my lawn mower also. If putting a couple of modules together I´ll have capacity for a welder.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wonder if this is a BMS card that can ballance the cell voltages of it s own or if the card have to communicate with the cars computer.

Answer is YES!

When playing with the battery, the cells have the same voltage. differs only <0.01V so the board is a ballance module. The 230V inverter from the boat works fine with 3 cells. Not shure how the ballance card works if I use three cells in the 4-cell box. I disconnect the forth cell to be shure not destroying the ballance resistors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts