Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Vendor
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Renault have left us with the ZE50 for a couple of days after our showroom sneak peak event. It is getting picked up on Monday so if anyone has any questions they want answering or pictures of anything in particular let me know and I can post them in this thread.

One thing I did try was to use CanZE but it doesn't seem to read anything @yoh-there do you know if there is an update coming?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Does the dashboard and door/window trim rattle like earlier cars?!

Does it feel perky and slightly skittish like the R90 or sensible ( little less eager off the line) and planted like the R110 to drive?

Does the driver's seat adjust for height and the steering wheel adjust for reach and rake?

Is the standard stereo at least as good as the non bose arky thingy one on the R90?

Can you have the CCS, reversing camera, Bose and heated seats/wheel on the mid trim or are they just all on the top level (GT?) one?

·
Zoe Devotee
7,965 Posts
Do the front tyres wear on the edges? Is the boot trimmed on inside edge (by bumper)? Where is the ODB2 port? Is the ACC effective? lol

·
Vendor
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Vendor
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the dashboard and door/window trim rattle like earlier cars?!

Does it feel perky and slightly skittish like the R90 or sensible ( little less eager off the line) and planted like the R110 to drive?
In the showroom at the moment, will take it for a spin over the weekend.

Does the driver's seat adjust for height and the steering wheel adjust for reach and rake?
No seat height adjustment but the steering wheel does adjust for reach & rake

Is the standard stereo at least as good as the non bose arky thingy one on the R90?
This one has BOSE in so not sure about the standard stereo.

Can you have the CCS, reversing camera, Bose and heated seats/wheel on the mid trim or are they just all on the top level (GT?) one?
Nope, BOSE only option on top spec. To be honest to add a camera to the Iconic is £800 (as you need the tech pack) and it is only £1,000 to go from R135 Iconic to R135 GT Line.

·
Vendor
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the UK key fob have a cabin pre-conditioning button? Also, what cable/granny charger comes with it as standard in the UK? Thanks in anticipation.
The key does not have the pre-conditioning button, Renault UK have said the key is not changing for the foreseeable future but didn't rule out it being added further down the line.

Just the Type 2 cable as standard as far as we are aware

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Can you use the heater while it's charging on AC and CCS? The R90 you can but it turns off after 10-15 minutes which is annoying as you have to keep pushing the button to turn it back on. I'd like one that stays on for 30 minutes a time or just stays on as long as you are in the car with it charging.

·
Premium Member
10,192 Posts
Does the driver's seat adjust for height
My OH is 5'2" and doesn't need Zoe seat any higher, so not sure many people who would. It can't go lower due to battery being under floor. We need a full Zoe redesign before floor could be any lower, this is just a refresh.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,277 Posts
@Badger in Black Lend me a ZE50 for a week or two and I will tell you ;)

I see dark clouds packing for CanZE to be honest.
  • The active two developers (me being one) both have a 2013 Q210, and no plans to upgrade;
  • Renault, while kind, have never shown the slightest interest to be supportive;
  • Or worse. maybe, the ZE50 does not expose the internal CANbus and they moved to a firewalled connection. Understandable if they did, but still.
We could ask all 5000+ active users 5 quid and buy a new ZE50 to rip apart, but strangely somehow I don't see that happening :cool:. The alternative is access to one for a couple of days at a dealership with a working CLIP tool so we could plug in the sniffer to see what's going on. You're an itsy bitsy far away for me to make that work, and my friendly mechanic has left the dealership.

·
had an R240, got an R90, might get a ZE50
419 Posts
It would a real negative for the ZE50 if there was no CanZE.
From Bjorn's test it seems the car does not show the charging rate, or the earth resistance of the charger, do Renault think that we're too stupid to understand any data ?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Does the display show estimated miles available as well as charge % during a charge?
If possible can you try a DC charge at an Ecotricity CP Thanks.

·
Vendor
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is it the same one that will be at Sutton Park, Burton on Trent on Wednesday? If so, hide something in it and I'll see if I can find it! :)
doubt it, this one is going to IoM on Tuesday

·
Vendor
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does the display show estimated miles available as well as charge % during a charge?
If possible can you try a DC charge at an Ecotricity CP Thanks.
the plan is to try the CCS at Lancaster South tomorrow afternoon

·
Vendor
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@Badger in Black Lend me a ZE50 for a week or two and I will tell you ;)

I see dark clouds packing for CanZE to be honest.
  • The active two developers (me being one) both have a 2013 Q210, and no plans to upgrade;
  • Renault, while kind, have never shown the slightest interest to be supportive;
  • Or worse. maybe, the ZE50 does not expose the internal CANbus and they moved to a firewalled connection. Understandable if they did, but still.
We could ask all 5000+ active users 5 quid and buy a new ZE50 to rip apart, but strangely somehow I don't see that happening :cool:. The alternative is access to one for a couple of days at a dealership with a working CLIP tool so we could plug in the sniffer to see what's going on. You're an itsy bitsy far away for me to make that work, and my friendly mechanic has left the dealership.
was it a major change to read ZE40 data after setting it up for the 22kWh?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
1 - 20 of 100 Posts