Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
Well, everyone who's reviewed it so far, plus Renault's own website. They've always quoted usable figures on their public information, never the gross capacity. So they're claiming 52kWh.
View attachment 124867
Yes, however in the detailed reviews they’ve explained the difference between total and usable capacity.

No great mystery.

Apparently fuel tanks have the same feature.

·
Registered
86 Posts
@cah197

The Renault literature refers to 22kWh, 41kWh and 52kWh. It states in the Renault documentation that it's 52kWh usable:

The label on the door, to me, seems to be an after-thought, and I usually trust a bit more the label on the battery. This is what is confusing, that the battery label states 50kWh, but a door sticker and the Renault papers state 52kWh usable.

The great mystery is that the total (what's written on the battery itself) is lower than what's quoted as usable. Unless the definition of the words or physics have changed in the mean time, usable should be lower than total, not the other way around.

·
Registered
11,783 Posts
@cah197

The Renault literature refers to 22kWh, 41kWh and 52kWh. It states in the Renault documentation that it's 52kWh usable:

The label on the door, to me, seems to be an after-thought, and I usually trust a bit more the label on the battery. This is what is confusing, that the battery label states 50kWh, but a door sticker and the Renault papers state 52kWh usable.

The great mystery is that the total (what's written on the battery itself) is lower than what's quoted as usable. Unless the definition of the words or physics have changed in the mean time, usable should be lower than total, not the other way around.
Sorry, I can’t see the part where it states 52 kWh usable?

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,121 Posts
Thought of an actual question!

Does the rear demister activate on a pre-heat? That's one mild bugbear in the ZE20, you stand there with a cuppa in the warm watching it mostly defrost, then go get in the car, start up, turn the rear heater on and sit waiting for a further 2 minutes while that thaws out. Not the end of the world but a good opportunity for improvement.

Mind, it managed without this morning when the car went into the "yikes it's -3" level of heating so maybe it's not that much of an issue. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,277 Posts
  1. OBD connector is just forward of the handle to open the bonnet (on a LHD).
  2. CanZE does nothing indeed. Actually the "free frame" chatter as it exists on the older models in non-existent.
  3. MM bus is no longer on the OBD connector.
  4. CANbus speed is still 500 kbps, but it seems a command is needed to "start" communication.
  5. An expensive "universal" car diagnostic tool managed to get nothing more than the VIN and that was it.
If anyone spots really recent ddt2000 definitions, please let met know. I still have a few ideas but this won't be a quick one.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
@yoh-there Thanks for looking into that, much appreciated by myself and many others I'm sure, canze has been invaluable hope you can eventually crack it for the ZE50 (y)

·
Zoe Devotee
7,965 Posts
It’s 52 kWh capacity with 50 kWh usable capacity. Fairly normal.
Except all the info provided so far has suggested 52kWh usable..
I find all this "banter" quite interesting. While I agree the 22kWh model had 22kWh usable, reports on here tend to show 39kWh is the max anyone seems to use (great CANZE shows 41 but its what you can actually use that's important). TeslaBjorn didn't seem to manage to account for more than 48kWh on either of his tests. So what does the ZE50 actually have as usable?

·
Zoe Devotee
7,965 Posts
I'd be willing to have a play in one to find out :)
Ah you say that now, but no one seems brave enough to test their car too grinding to a halt (intentionally) and maintaining the wherewithal to take pictures of the resulting screens in car and in CanZE.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,965 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sorry, I can’t see the part where it states 52 kWh usable?
True this is the actual vs usable debate.. but for actual this is definitely 52 kWh:

The bottom line: with an operating range of up to 395 kilometres according to the WLTP* protocol and a capacity of 52 kWh, the New ZOE provides one of the best ratios of stored energy available to distance travelledon the market market.

and

For example, the New ZOE’s Z.E. 50 battery is made up of 192 cells and offers a 52 kWh capacity, for a range of 395 km (by WLTP* standards).

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
My ZE40 does not use the rear demister when pre heating. I find the pre heat this week brilliant. but at minus 3, my battery did not like it at all. As soon as I get in , I drive off, and then stick heater on AUTO 21 deg, and rear demister on. I find in eco mode, the rear window and mirrors, demister last only a minute or two.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,965 Posts
81 - 100 of 100 Posts