Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday.
So Ive only taken it 1 mile to the pub for lunch and 3 miles to my parents.
But im quite impressed. Bought the car unseen after missing out on another car 250 miles away that turned up on my niebours doorstep(what are the odds off that)

so 1,I can see i can set lower charge speeds on both cables. What speeds(ampages) are they, it just say normal, slower and slowest o sothing like that.
Hopefully I can give it a bit off a proper drive on the weekend.

2, I really like the copper trim.
Has anybody found any suppliers off accessories that supply copper trimmed ones.
Ive bought a cheap £10 car seat set in orange as a stop gap...and its.....brighter then I thought. (thank god its just a trim)

Looking for
Car sear covers
Mats
Rim protectors (notice Aollygators do a bronze)
Boot edge protector

As far as the car goes:-

Pros
I like that it has VESS
Like that the Vess doesnt sound like some sort off hellscape(looking at you amazon)
Like that you can turn off VSS
The auto folding mirrors.
Zero drag setting on regen.
getting double the range off my leaf.!!

Cons

Maybes
The wakeup mirrors and door lights when you walk up to the car.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,758 Posts
)
so 1,I can see i can set lower charge speeds on both cables. What speeds(ampages) are they, it just say normal, slower and slowest o sothing like that.
Hopefully I can give it a bit off a proper drive on the weekend.

Maybes
The wakeup mirrors and door lights when you walk up to the car.
Amperage ---- I think this is going to be "get a coffee, sit down with the manual "

wake up, I think you can set this in the centre console menus

Reactions: Wightleaf

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
8,339 Posts
Sounds like you have the same SE model as mine with the copper highlights. Mine is white. The granny charger has variable charge rates but as the highest is still slow at 10 amps it's only necessary to drop that if you are really at Grannies in her cottage with its 100-year-old wiring.

I've never needed any accessories. I always enjoy the buying process as it nears the end and I pause with my pen over the order form and say " Of course you will fit carpets won't you". Never lost that carpet battle yet.

My pros and cons with this car are almost all positive. It ticks all of my boxes. It's a really competent EV. My main negative is the bland front panel. No need for it. I am seriously considering painting it to match the car or wrap it so it's reversible. I found a pic of a vinyl wrap in black that looks better. But I would want it self coloured.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amperage ---- I think this is going to be "get a coffee, sit down with the manual "

wake up, I think you can set this in the centre console menus

This is how vague the menu is.
I'm thinking specifically off camping where some electric is a bit duff.
I'm guessing the granny is 10/8/6?
I'm looking at some "coffee" mats and car seat covers

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On a side note the other half as nicknamed him "flukie"

·
Registered
311 Posts
That's what I do!
Fab ! So this does away with the need for elaborate / costly Zappi style solutions that cut in and out depending on whether there is enough power being generated for the car to accept a charge ?
What charge rate will the car drop to out of interest ?
So I'm assuming then that once you see that you have enough solar generation underway you can use the app to let it trickle charge for a while. Sounds great. Worst case is that the sun goes in and the car ends up charging on imported power for a little while.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
596 Posts
My granny charger has 6, 8 &10 amp settings so I try to match that to the available power coming off the roof. I also have a house battery which makes charging from solar much more do-able as it smooths out the troughs when the sun goes in. It can get quite complicated doing it manually mind you, as there are so many factors to consider, eg what state of charge everything is at and what your requirements are in the next day or so plus the likely weather etc.
As I'm retired it also gives me a hobby 😄

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So ive discovered somthing REALLY annoying. There is no charge cap release on the key.

That has nothing to do with the fact i got home with 14 miles on the GOM yesterday. :p
The plan was to drive to work NOT charge and drive back see how well i did.

I didnt plan to leave work get to the nearer site to discover id left my phone have to go back and then rush home.
Made it but something i could have never done in the leaf.

Also discovered the two off the 4 nearest ecotricity charger just doesnt work.
seems one actully stopped working full stop by me using it. I wonder how many chargers are not working for other people because an ioniq driver tried to use it before?
others brands seem fine though. The fact they are replacing all thier chargers is somthing that was a deciding factor for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts