Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 6 week wait, Zen Auto delivered a shiny new e208. As a first dip into the ev waters, I am pretty impressed. The only other ev I have driven is an electric go kart and that and the e208 have some definate similarities! I was a bit concerned when it arrived with an almost full charge and showed a range of just 111miles. However, I am half a charge down and it looks like it will be around 150miles- not brilliant, but what was expected. The only thing I wish I could change is the volume and tone of the parking sensors. When I park on my drive, the 'you're way too close!' tone is at a pitch that goes right through me. I haven't found an option in the car's setting to change it yet, but I'll keep looking. What do other e208 owners think of their car?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've had mine over 4 months now. I like it a lot and have definitely not regretted to move to EV, despite the public charging challenges, home Pod Point does the job.

My wife drives it a lot, her car seems history now, which surprises me as she's quite fussy. The Pug has won her over, her next car won't be an ICE.

Range is plummeting now, which is to be expected and if you've done your research it won't come as a shock.

Other than the app, I can't fault it. PSA, do need to review the 50% pre-conditioning limit though. I'm contemplating getting another set of wheel fitted with winter tyres. I did this for my last two cars, they were RWD. However, this car might not need them. I don't think we have anyone with winter experience in the e208 yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am 3 months and 5000 miles in with my GT Line. Absolutely loving it. Had no issues so far and this is my fifth EV since 2013. I was getting close to 200 miles from a charge in the summer and hoping for 140 to 150 in winter. Agree that the pre conditioning limit needs to come down to 20 or 30% as 50% is a pain. My other observation is that the rear view camera is very poor quality but very pleased with the overall build quality of the car.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
After a 6 week wait, Zen Auto delivered a shiny new e208. As a first dip into the ev waters, I am pretty impressed. The only other ev I have driven is an electric go kart and that and the e208 have some definate similarities! I was a bit concerned when it arrived with an almost full charge and showed a range of just 111miles. However, I am half a charge down and it looks like it will be around 150miles- not brilliant, but what was expected. The only thing I wish I could change is the volume and tone of the parking sensors. When I park on my drive, the 'you're way too close!' tone is at a pitch that goes right through me. I haven't found an option in the car's setting to change it yet, but I'll keep looking. What do other e208 owners think of their car?
Congrats.
Did test drive one was nice

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
You’ve done well to get it in 6 weeks. Most people, including myself, have had a longer wait than that. Mostly for the GT and GT Line it seems. I hear it’s worse for the e-2008?

Range in the winter months is always going to be down. Of course I imagine as you get used to it your style will adapt to suit and range will increase

On the noise, not sure if it is likely to be changeable but it may be worth trying using the steering wheel volume buttons as the sensors are beeping? It works for some other things.

Anyway, enjoy 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts