Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out driving 630 km today, got more than great speed for this little car.
Maximum should be 100 kW, but I got 101 kW at Ionity. Also I used an app from the UK, (Bonnet) that makes the charging be half price from using the Ionity app. Could not be more happy.

World Sky Publication Font Material property

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line and e208 GT
715 Posts
I arrived at Skelton Lakes this morning with 5% SOC
Was out driving 630 km today, got more than great speed for this little car.
Maximum should be 100 kW, but I got 101 kW at Ionity. Also I used an app from the UK, (Bonnet) that makes the charging be half price from using the Ionity app. Could not be more happy.

View attachment 163203
Skelton Lakes near Leeds was playing up today. I arrived with 5% SOC having driven over 220 miles from London and received a meagre 80kW charging rate right up to 80%. The others charging got even less so I shouldn't complain but, I would be shouting much louder if I didn't have discounted rates!!

·
Premium Member
Some EVs or other
10,446 Posts
I arrived at Skelton Lakes this morning with 5% SOC

Skelton Lakes near Leeds was playing up today. I arrived with 5% SOC having driven over 220 miles from London and received a meagre 80kW charging rate right up to 80%. The others charging got even less so I shouldn't complain but, I would be shouting much louder if I didn't have discounted rates!!
Skelton can be a bit inconsistent, and I wonder why that is?

Sometimes on the way up, I get my cars max charge rate of 135kW, and then 2 days later on the way back I’m at 65kW. Both after a couple of hours driving and similar states of charge.

Yet, at Ionity Peterborough a couple of weeks ago, I charged there after only a few miles driving from a cold start and got 130kW.

It’s the inconsistency that puzzles me, maybe it’s something to do with those green boxes nearby, do they contain batteries?

·
Registered
302 Posts
It’s the inconsistency that puzzles me, maybe it’s something to do with those green boxes nearby, do they contain batteries?
I'm no electrician, but I believe that's part of the power supply (e.g transformers etc - I think they have a label on the cabinet with the voltage/current ratings). Maybe Skelton has a poor supply to site which leads to the inconsistency?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pulled 93kW on a Kempower unit at Banbury Cross yesterday which was pretty impressive. Have had 96kW on an Ionity though. The E208 is a surprisingly capable car for long distances (well at least in the warmer months).

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Pulled 93kW on a Kempower unit at Banbury Cross yesterday which was pretty impressive. Have had 96kW on an Ionity though. The E208 is a surprisingly capable car for long distances (well at least in the warmer months).
agreed - did Bristol to pompy and back today - simples :)

JJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts