Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi GTE-rs,

I wonder if someone could help me? I would like to know the size of the main's charger for the GTE or the full specifications if you have them, i.e. length of cables, etc.? I'm interested more specifically if you think that it will fit inside of this:
Weatherproof Box Kit

The idea is to protect the brick inside, hoping that the cable from the brick to the type 2 connector will reach the to the car which is ~1.5m away.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I was surprised, it really is brick sized , depth too
I am checked it with a Jam jar -- if the box will shut with 2 jam jars stacked lengthways then you're good.

The actual car EVSE unit is 21cm.
The black cable protectors at each can be squashed up but left as is, they and the EVSE total 41cm.
They also look like they can unscrewed and moved along the cable, but not removed.

The black cable goes to the 13amp plug and is 132cm from actual unit edge to plug.
The yellow cable goes off to the car and is 436cm actual unit to end of plug-gun.

# edited to make it clearer the measurements are for the EVSE and not the house brick!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi GTE-rs,

I wonder if someone could help me? I would like to know the size of the main's charger for the GTE or the full specifications if you have them, i.e. length of cables, etc.? I'm interested more specifically if you think that it will fit inside of this:
Weatherproof Box Kit

The idea is to protect the brick inside, hoping that the cable from the brick to the type 2 connector will reach the to the car which is ~1.5m away.
Just out of interest what are you protecting it from? If you're thinking the elements then personally I wouldn't bother. Mines been outside in all weathers and has even been submerged in water when our front drive flooded and it's still works fine.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just out of interest what are you protecting it from? If you're thinking the elements then personally I wouldn't bother. Mines been outside in all weathers and has even been submerged in water when our front drive flooded and it's still works fine.
I'm more concerned about two-legged predators that are roaming this beautiful countryside. Hope, that "out of sight, out of mind" rule applies in this case....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm more concerned about two-legged predators that are roaming this beautiful countryside. Hope, that "out of sight, out of mind" rule applies in this case....:rolleyes:
Theft? Not possible when it's plugged into the car and it's locked. The worst that someone could do is turn it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts