Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

GRANNY CHARGER NOT WORKING ;-(

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Paul Harrington 
#1 ·
Hi all. My Granny charger has stopped working, I have a flashing red ight and green lights counting down from 321 and repeating. I unplug it and try again but still the same and it's not afected if pluged in to the car or not :rolleyes: any advice?

#6 ·
Oddly my granny charger has just suffered the same fault. I have not used it regularly in my year of ownership. However my wife having acquired a new MG ZS EV a month ago, my car had to move from its regular place on our Rolec EVSE and go onto a waterproof extension cable and granny charger combo. All worked relatively well for a fortnight, however, I fear that having pushed the button to access a higher charge that I may have compromised the charger? My warranty is out so I assumed that I would have to find a replacement unit myself. I bought a direct replacement from a trusted EBay provider which is working well. I don't intend to increase the charge rate. Can the charger be repaired? I would prefer to repair it and either sell on or keep as spare at my daughter's house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.